Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

hotel blocks in the French Quarter

Hey guys - I wanted to start booking some hotel blocks and wanted to get some ideas from some locals. I'm at OOT bride.

Our wedding and reception is at Latrobe's and we would love to have things in Walking distance. Our goal would be to have a more budget friendly hotel and then a fancier one. I can see that I won't have any problem finding the fancier hotel in that area but are there any decent budget hotels.

Am I crazy to think that I can find a hotel for under $150 in the French Quarter. 

Our wedding is February 23rd.

Re: hotel blocks in the French Quarter

• Options
    all the block requests  I received back were higher than that unless they were outside the quarter (across canal st, in he CBD etc.).  You might check The Saint- It's a new Marriott property on canal but on the right side of it and only two blocks up from Bourbon.  I haven't received a block quote yet from them but I think when I checked my wedding date it was pretty cheap, like $159 or something.  I have a November wedding however, you may get lucky since you are after the superbowl and mardi gras but before the spring festivals.  I have no idea what conventions look like next year, but that affects things too, as does the Rock n Roll Marathon.
  • Options
    All of the hotels I looked at in the French Quarter were closer to $200.  I was able to negotiate a rate of $149 at the Royal Orleans only because I had a friend who worked there.
  • Options
    RYLZRYLZ member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    We got married February 11th this year and were able to get room blocks for $149 at the Prince Conti, $159 at the Chateau Bourbon, and $129 at the Richelieu.  Richelieu is a bit of a walk but the other 2 would be fine for Latrobe's.  A couple guests who missed our room block deadline, found affordable rooms at the French Market Inn.
  • Options
    Place d'Armes and Hotel St. Marie are both under $149/night.
  • Options
    Try hotelplanner.com. I had a lot of luck with them.
    Also, Valentino New Orleans Hotels
    and French Quarter Hotel Group.
    We also had a group staying at the Ursuline Guest house for under $100 a night.
  • Options
    My wedding group stayed a block from Canal on Magazine just outside the French Quarter. It was the St. James Hotel and my block was $99 a night. At first I was worried about how far it would be, but no one had any complaints. Everything was still within walking distance. Good luck! I also used Hotelplanner.com. 
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards