Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

How much sand and where?

We're planning to do a sand ceremony using the Umbra frame. I love that there's instructions on FB for sealing the frame --- but next question is, how much sand will I need to order? We're planning on doing two colors. Any good recommendations on where to order the sand?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much sand and where?

• Options
    I was wondering the same thing so great questions! Hehe.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I recently saw natural and colored sand at the Dollar Store....maybe try there.  I have no idea about how much to use!
  • Options
    We got our colored sand from Hobby Lobby (we used a dark brown).  They have many colors and I think it was under $3 for a container of 1.5 lbs.  Then we also used sand from the beach in Negril for our other color (and to have sentimental value too).

If you use the beach sand, be sure to get it at least a day prior to your ceremony so you can lay it out to dry though.  We just set it on a towel in the corner of our room for a day and took out any "imperfections".  (And thank goodness Lisa7 had mentioned doing this...otherwise our Negril-sand would have been damp and lumpy!).

I didn't use an Umbra frame though.  So I don't know how much to suggest you use.  But during our sand ceremony we didn't fill our container up, we just used the amount that our champagne glasses held and filled the rest up later (we also wanted to add sand from Ocho Rios where we honeymooned too).

HTH (at least a little)!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards