Georgia-Atlanta

Cost of a DJ outside the perimeter

Is $100/hour a good price for a DJ?  My wedding will be about an hour east of Atlanta...  Has anyone found better?
9-10-11 .... IX-X-XI Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Cost of a DJ outside the perimeter

• chrissyinatlchrissyinatl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's actually a good price.  I got a ton of quotes and most were $750-1100 or so for 4 hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting 4 hours for $595 in Elberton, GA (small town east of Athens) so yeah that sounds pretty good. 

Just ask what all that includes. It may be a basic package with just simple speakers and no lights, but you may not want that anyway. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks!  The DJ is a friend of ours and he usually charges $150/hr, and I had no idea what is reasonable.
    9-10-11 .... IX-X-XI Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah - $100/hr is reasonable.  We are paying $150/hr for an hour from Atlanta.

P.S. Don't forget to ask about travel fees.  Our DJ is based out of Atlanta, and there is a $100 travel fee to our venue.
  • jmflahertyjmflaherty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There's  a DJ that charges $600 for 4 hours and a part of their proceeds go towards Atlanta Bully Rescue, a nonprofit rescue organization.  They're the cheapest I've found.  I'm paying $1200 for mine...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_cost-of-dj-outside-perimeter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:874c487b-2446-4026-952e-20fffd188fcfPost:15fbf89d-5e55-4bf4-a370-9a4169d00918">Re: Cost of a DJ outside the perimeter</a>:
    [QUOTE]There's  a DJ that charges $600 for 4 hours and a part of their proceeds go towards Atlanta Bully Rescue, a nonprofit rescue organization.  They're the cheapest I've found.  I'm paying $1200 for mine...
    Posted by jmflaherty[/QUOTE]

That would be the DJ I was talking about :) $150/hour + travel fees for a certain distance outside of midtown :) "To The Rescue Entertainment" is their name, and they're not just DJs.  They kind of assist with reception coordination, Emcee, etc.
  • jmflahertyjmflaherty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I think they do a pretty good job plus I like the idea that they donate a portion of their proceeds to the rescue organization that they run. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards