New York-Hudson Valley
Options

DJ suggestions?

Hey everyone - so we finally decided on a date and venue for the wedding! Hunter Mountain in Oct of 2012 .. now let's just hope we can get the deposit paid before our date gets taken!

Anyway - I was wondering if anyone had any good dj suggestions .. again, it's at hunter mountain in the catskills .. so someone around that area.  I really want someone who can hype up the guests and involve them .. I saw a video of some dj (unfortunately i have no idea who it was) who had the guests play little interactive games during the reception and had dances like the cha cha slide and things like that .. basically thats what i'm looking for, but i'm also looking to not spend tons either.

Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

Oh and also any photographers in that area youd reccomend .. maybe someone who can do a photobooth as well with some props .. again, not terribly expensive.. thanks :)

Re: DJ suggestions?

• Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The DJ Company out of Nyack in Rockland county has cheaper prices than a few out there, also will hype up your crowd and has a photo booth.  I have them booked as my DJ and the photo booth.  I'd say they're worth looking into for sure!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ.. Spinning with Style ... http://www.djbriswatek.com/. He had everyone from 2.5 years to 80 years on the floor all night!!!

Pictures...Majestic Studios...http://majesticstudios.info/. They are amazing and they now do photo booths (they didn't at the time of my wedding).

Both of these vendors are great guys and very professional.   We even used Majestic for my daughter's first birthday shots.  love them both!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    mbrischouxmbrischoux member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scotty on the Air Entertainment...he rocks the party and is just a super swell guy!

www.scottyontheairentertainment.com
  • Options
    PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Elissa from EID Photography!  She has a facebook page so you can check her out.  I really connected with her and she recommended a videographer that isn't costing me an arm and a leg!  Definitely check her out...

As for dj's... I'm in the process myself right now. I'll be looking into DJ Company and Don't Stop the Music.  I'm hoping one of them will fit my budget and be fantastic.  I've gotten them based on recommendations.  Good luck and congrats!!!!
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wdubin122wdubin122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Mad Mike and Friends 845 -485-7792
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i used much music with larry mulligan and couldn't have asked for anything better. he was amazing and is so passionate about his work. He will do whatever style you want for your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards