January 2013 Weddings
Options

It's always something...

So we are starting to get our RSVPs in..which is quite exciting!  However, we aren't having kids at our wedding, which has become a predicament for some. My poor cousin has a baby who is 8 months old. She is having some issues with her husband too....lots of tension there (but that's a story for another day).  All of her family will be at our wedding, and his family is halfway across the country, which leaves no one to watch the baby.  They have never left the baby with a babysitter either.  Part of me wants to just let her bring the baby, but the other part of me knows thats not fair to those who have found other options for their children.  I really want her to be there too...I'm at a loss as to what to do!  

Re: It's always something...

• Options
    Maybe you, or a family member with children, can recommend someone for her? Or to have her be more comfortable, she can use the same sitter as someone else -- like, Susie is watching Uncle Mark's kids, so maybe your cousin could send the baby with his kiddos?

Our RSVP problem is that we keep getting them back with no name! Marking they will attend with no number or names. Lol. Luckily the guest ist is small enough that through process of elimination and context clues we have figured most of them out. The rest we are just sitting on and trying to figure out as more come in.
  • Options
    Laurbar - We have the SAME issue! I have decided to stick to my guns and just tell my cousin's wife that the only children invited are the 2 in the wedding - that's it. No exceptions because if we were to allow her to bring her baby, that would just cause more issues with other family and friends who were not allowed to bring their children. It's just not something I was willing to deal with because I know others feelings will be hurt. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards