New Jersey
Options

Lamar Wedding Center

Hi Ladies,

My fiance and I are looking to book our photographer/videographer soon.  We went to Lamar Wedding Center in Montclair.  The woman who helped us, Angela, has been nothing but helpful and great!  We are a little concerned with the quality because of how affordable it is.  I'm just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with them.  

Thanks everyone!
Vacation

Re: Lamar Wedding Center

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've only heard bad things about their quality, to tell you the truth
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I would rather use independent photographers and videographers, than someone from a center/company where there are multiple people there (especially if you don't know who you're getting until your wedding day).

Although, admittedly I don't know anything about this particular place, so I can't say that you definitely shouldn't use them. But the general consensus around here seems to be to stay away from studios.

I would search on weddingwire.com and yelp.com, and do a general Google search.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll echo the same sentiments.  Lamar is just like ThePros, Bella, and the others.  When you meet with them, you're not talking to a photographer, you're talking to a sales person.  You probably won't know who your photographer is until he shows up at your wedding which means you didn't even see his personal work before hiring him.  And that photographer is usually not any better than what you'd get on CraigsList.

There are some excellent photographers out there in the $2k range.  If you're budget doesn't accomodate that amount, I'd tell you that you'd do better to troll CraigsList for a photographer.  CL photographers are certainly not pros, but some of them are decent and at least you'll know what you're getting because you're talking directly to the photographer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dont use lamar! search for a thread with their name and you will find my friend's warning about them. she is so upset that the Lamar photographer who was at her wedding in october barely shot any pics! there is nothing to choose for her album! i never even saw him shooting anything at the reception . he must have stood in a corner all night!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kristen8040kristen8040 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't use them.  My sister did and her pics are kinda lame.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    ShellyNMarkShellyNMark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whats your budget? Check out. Here is a couple I suggest. I used CIP but met with Stark. Loved both, CIP met our style  little more.
    Stark Studio in Pinebrook www.starkstudionj.com
    CIP Studios in Chester. www.studioCIP.com

also STudio Uno in Garfield. I don't know the site.
  • Options
    KarKarnjKarKarnj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We Second CIP Studios we will be booking them this week.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    I hired Lamar Wedding Center for my wedding and I LOVED the work I got done. I reccomend them to all of my friends and they loved their photographs as well. Each one of my friends got a different photographer and every single one of them were lovely. Lamar Wedding Center told me they have about eight photographers and every single one of them must be great because I love all the photos I've seen!! It's photojournalistic in style and at a really low price, it's fantastic!! I suggest you go in and talk to them, their photographers are so familiar with so many of the locations around the area. I think you'll be really happy if you go with them!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards