Interracial Weddings
Options

HELP HELP HELP

Good morning all..

I am getting married in less than 2 months and have a questions for the interracial sector...

I am White American, and my husband to be is Black American. With this in mind, this is my bridesmaid list:

My older sister MOH... also White American
My chica from college.... Spanish
2 of my fiance's cousins.... Black American.

I am so happy with every member of my bridal party and so far, everything has been great. As the bride, I want everyone to be comfortable. The make up issue... we are all getting ready at my mother's house and  we need to have someone there to do the make up... is it possible to find a well-qualified and DEPENDABLE make up artist that will compliment all of our different skin tones and completions??? I am watching my wallet, and I know I can't afford to have two or three different artists...

Any advice will be appreciated.

Re: HELP HELP HELP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand how you feel. I only have 1 white bm and 6 black bm with 1 being very fairskinned and others with all different skin tones. I would check into a makeup artist that is mac certified or one of the companies that caters to all types of skin(sefora, smashbox,etc).They usually have experience with all kinds of makeup. I would also let the person you choose know about all of the different tones in your party when booking. They may have pictures in their portfolio to ease your mind a bit. I hope that helps a little. I just told you what i plan to do.lol
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    stardmstardm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure where you live or how all of that is normally done since I am a guy, but I am an actor and what you can do is go on craigslist and under the jobs section for acting or tv you may be able to find a make up artist looking for work.  Or you can post that you are in search of one, sadly there are loads of unemployed make up artists as they are generally freelance.  So i would start there, wont cost you much, and they are good. I have never gone to a set and there be 2 make up artists. 
    If you are in a major city for film you can try post an ad on sites like LA Casting who are based in LA, NY, FL, and IL (pretty sure about illinois). Then you can get pictures and see their work etc.
    Hope this helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, Im a beautician and make up artist myself and my fiance is white and I am black so I have different races in my wedding as well, so what I would suggest to find a good make up artist who is comfortable doing all races, and have them do a trial run on a african american bridesmaid and a cacausian bridesmaid. You never want to book them without seeing that! But if all else fails have each bridesmaid bring in their own foundation and have the makeup artist focus on their eyes and lips! I dont know where you live but I know alot of GREAT make up artists in Georgia, New Jersey, New York, and I live in Illinois myself so if that is your location I can give you their info and We can do it all :) Hope this helps

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards