Wisconsin
Options

Bachelorette Party in Madison

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding this spring and we'd like to plan a bachelorette party in Madison. We would like to include a fun day activity (there are a few siblings under 21 that we would like to include during the day) and then a more typical night out for the evening portion. Any ideas?

Re: Bachelorette Party in Madison

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding this spring and we'd like to plan a bachelorette party in Madison. We would like to include a fun day activity (there are a few siblings under 21 that we would like to include during the day) and then a more typical night out for the evening portion. Any ideas?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    During the day, you could go to the zoo (free), spend the day shopping on State St., go to Olbrich Botanical Gardens, walk through the Arboretum, golf, miniature golf, visit a museum, go to a spa,  or see a play. At night, I would definitely recommend the bars on and around State St. With the university so close, they always have plenty going on. If you prefer a more laid-back/mature atmosphere, you can try some of the microbrewery bars such as Capital Brewery, the Great Dane, or the Ale Asylum. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

At night there is always dancing at Madisons, going to the Comedy Club on State Street or going to the Piano Bar for drinks.

• Options
    foursixquebecfoursixquebec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no place in Madison better to go than to State Street, although, depending on when the wedding is, you may not want to be walking around outside all night.  I went to my SIL's bachelorette party there this past June, and we ran into a couple other b-ette parties, one of which told us to go visit the fire station that's just behind State St.  We did, and it was hilarious.  We got some great pics of the bride w/fireman's uniform on.

I agree about the Comedy Club or the Piano Bar, both fun, but depending on what night of the week you're planning, the Piano Bar for sure gets packed. 

As for daytime activities, if you're doing it in late spring/summer, there's also the farmer's market on capitol square, lots of fun stuff to see there.  There is ALWAYS something going on in Madison during the day, one good place to check for ideas would be:

http://www.visitmadison.com/visitors/calendar-events/

You could also check www.wisc.edu if you're interested in any theatre/dance whatever productions going on at the university.  For restaurants or whatever, you can check yelp.com for reviews (a LOT of reviewers in Madison!), or you could stick with some of the local favorites, PortoBellos, the Old Fashioned, etc.  The great thing about Madison is that if you stay around the Capitol & State St, you won't even need a limo, except maybe to drive you there and home - but we just took a cab for that.

Have fun!  I just moved from Madison to Appleton, and I love that town - if you have any questions or anything I can help you with, give me a shout. :)
    "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"

Anniversary Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards