Second Weddings

Need invitation wording help?!?

This will be my second wedding and FIs first. We are having a fairly large wedding (80% FIs friends and family, and about 20% mine)

Because it is my second  my parents arent really helping much with expenses (as I expected, they spent a small fortune on my first :(

FIs parents on the other hand are contributing enough, that if we stay on course, will cover nearly the whole wedding (something they are adamant about doing).

I am so greatful to them but this is where it gets tricky for me!

I dont know how to word the invitations!

Some of FIs friends and family know this is my second wedding but many others dont (simply becuase we've never met/discusses it). 
I want to give FIs parents credit for helping us so much but I dont want it to appear as though my parents dont care (since traditionally the brides parents are the one to front the bill/appear on the invites), and I feel it will look that way if I leave them off the invite. 

My preference is to not include any names on the invite but FIs and mine, can that be done?!

Just looking for suggestions!
Thank you!

Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Need invitation wording help?!?

• Thats what my fiance and I did. It actually sounds just fine,
    We just said

Kiana Marquette & Jason Mehring Invite you....

etc !

It sounded just fine!
  • It is perfectly fine for you just to just list yourselves. If your parents are giving you any assistance at all (even if minor), you could say:

Mary Smith and John Jones
        along with their parents........

Since you have extremely generous future in laws, I'd ask them if they mind if their names are not listed as hosting the wedding. It's the appropriate thing to do IMO.

If they don't mind, you and/or your husband can thank them generously if you give speeches at the wedding.
  • I would use the "together with our parents" language.
  • I second the "together with their parents" 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Thanks ladies, very helpful!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We did "together with their families" -- we're paying for most of the weding ourselves, but both sets of parents gave generous gifts toward the wedding.  Listing everyone's name was, in my opnion, too much, so we thought "together witht their families" worked best in our situation.
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards