Honeymoon Discussions

No clue where to honeymoon

We have no idea where to go for a honeymoon.  I really dont want to go to Mexico because I have been there many times, and I have seen a lot of the caribbean.  I would love to do an exotic honeymoon like Asia, or even somewhere in Europe.  We want to be able to sit by a pool and relax, but still have something to do at night.  Our budget is 6K including airfare.  Any ideas??
Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Re: No clue where to honeymoon

• Maybe somewhere along the Mediterranean? The big island of Hawaii has some night life too, I think. Or my town - San Diego! It depends on what time of year you're going, of course.
  • spain, france, portugal, parts of italy, greece, turkey....if you're going in october you could certainly do europe for that budget.

• Thank you for the suggestions.  I dont think we will be going right after the wedding, so we have time to save up.  I would love to go to Greece, but I hear that it isnt the safest place to travel these days.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_no-clue-where-to-honeymoon?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:2feea028-a3b0-460b-8955-875bd9cae4c6Post:77238992-a184-4ede-ba11-bbab86ff6711">Re: No clue where to honeymoon</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for the suggestions.  I dont think we will be going right after the wedding, so we have time to save up.  I would love to go to Greece, but I hear that it isnt the safest place to travel these days.  
    Posted by mzamanda1[/QUOTE]

I just read an interesting article on Rick Steve's blog <a href="http://blog.ricksteves.com/?p=7675" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">here</a> that discusses this same issue!
  • Yeah, I wouldn't recommend going to Greece right now.  Italy is always beautiful.  There's so much to see and do.  You could fly into Rome, stay there a few days and drive down the coast to get the beach experience as well.  
  • If you're into Greece but worried, I'd look at Italy or Turkey. Of the two, Turkey is definitely more affordable and has outstanding places to visit (Istanbul, Cappadocia, the Lycian coast etc). You can also get ferries from Turkish coastal towns/cities to nearby Greek islands like Rhodes or Samos. I haven't been to Italy but I'm sure it's equally fantastic. Turkey is great value though IMHO and the food is awesome.
  • Croatia is wonderful too. If you sail, it can be magical. I sailed around the Adriatic for a week a few years ago before driving through Croatia, Kosovo, B&H, etc for another week. Very budget-friendly and just super unique. I am kind of angry that The Bachelorette went there this week, because until now, it has been one of my secret awesome holiday spots. Indonesia is awesome too. If you get off of Bali you can really soak up some local culture on a serious budget.
  • I don't agree about the riots and unsafe areas in greece not being the tourist areas.  Riots are often in Athens.  That's pretty touristy.  I do agree with CMGr that Turkey is amazing.  That was our favorite stop on our mediteranean cruise.  I would definitely go back.  
  • Go to cosmos.com   MOST AMAZING prices - but you have to find your airfare. FABULOUS, I tell you, most FAB.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards