Canada-Ontario
Options

The WOW factor

maybe I have been wathcing to many episodes of say yes to the dress, but I have yet to have the wow factor feeling and If I don't order soon I will not have a dress for my wedding.
My mom is going shopping with me this week, I have booked two days off and a decision has to be made, I am almost to the point of letting her decide, I am so tired of trying dresses on and just not getting excited .... did anyone else have this expereince???

Re: The WOW factor

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can completely relate!

i didn't really enjoy my first couple of trips. I kept feeling like a little girl just playing dress up. The dresses were beautiful and fit me well, but I just didn't feel right.

I found my dress when (a) I realized that I wanted something simpler, and (b) I went with someone who made me feel really comfortable (my DH). Don't feel bad if you don't see stars or start crying or anything like that. I just chose my dress when I looked in the mirror and thought I looked good. But I could have felt just as good putting on a great pair of jeans or something. Hope that having your mom with you will help!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a really hard time too. I went to 6 stores in one day, all over the city, with no luck. Everything was just far too ornate, too much lace, too much beadwork, too much material, everything drop waist, with ruffles, and strapless, with a train that would stretch to halifax..... what a nightmare! And then I found it... conveniently at the shop most closest to my home, and I bought it without giving it a second thought. plus, it was 50% off sample sale, score! I knew the dress was totally me and i couldn't be happier with my decision - but my dress isn't for 2 year so hopefully I'm just as happy with it when the time comes, and no more looking!

Anyways... patience, my friend. You won't find the dress, the dress will find you. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I;m the same I have only tried on 3 dresses so far but I'm still looking around. I want the wow factor too but I don't want to spend more that 1,000 on a dress. By the time alteration and taxes adds up I will end up spending 1,500.

Dress shopping is hard, I like shopping for clothes by myself but with the gown I want someone there just to give me some feedback. I also want to make sure my fiance would like the dress so I 've been showing him some different styles online. LOL!! so far the ones I have showing him are a bit much for him.
  • Options
    silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wondernig where you've been shopping and who you have been taking with you. It sounds like taking your mom and having her opinion might be really helpful to you. When I was shopping, I noticed the atmosphere in the store made a really big difference! If the saleswomen were too pushy, or I was rushed, or it was a warehouse like collection with hundreds of dresses, mostly I was like, yes this is pretty, but is it really the one? I kind of think it's a huge advantage that you've gone around without making a big emotional commitment - now you know you've got 2 days, you've narrowed down what you're looking for (I hope), and you've got your mom to back you up. It sounds like a recipe for success to me!
    And I didn't exactly shriek or cry with when I found my dress - the wow factor was more of a "wow, this is really comfortable and I feel good in this one".
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_wow-factor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:f3528f2f-250b-46bb-968b-fe5d2b0ec9a3Post:657637cd-9030-41bd-9424-ea984386077b">Re: The WOW factor</a>:
    [QUOTE]"the wow factor was more of a "wow, this is really comfortable and I feel good in this one".
    Posted by deborahandsteven[/QUOTE]

<div>agreed, that should be the real wow factor. </div>
  • Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my dress but I didn't cry over it...The wow factor certainly doesn't have to lead to tears. I did visit 6 bridal stores with my mother as well as some of my bridal party and friends. I tried on a lot of dresses and thought they were all beautiful but after trying on even a few dresses, you get an idea of what looks good on you and what doesn't and that helps narrow down the kind of dress you should be looking for. I ended up going back for the dress that I tried on at the first store I visted :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards