Second Weddings

Third wedding for me, first for him

Well i dont believe it im getting married for the third time. For my wedding theme is country wearing a blue jean skirt and blouse and the men are in blue jeans same as the maid of honour and bridesmaids plus all 10 grandkids and 3 great grandsons.We are paying the wedding our selves and now i would like some ideas for flowers and what to do for a lunch we were thinking of a restaurant and everyone who wishes to come to pay for their own and for the reception is another thing for thankyou gifts for the cake its a cupcake cake. So could you please give me some ideas of some kind

Re: Third wedding for me, first for him

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your wedding.  It seems like you are well on your way to planning your wedding and having your theme all set out!.  Unless it is a common practice in your area, I would recommend that you do NOT ask your guest to pay for their own meal.  If you invite guest to a reception, you should not ask that they pay for their own meal.  I am thinking that a nice BBQ or buffet lunch would fit very nicely into your theme.
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on #3. I completely agree with ARV please do not ask the guests to pay for their own meal. A back yard BBQ would be perfectly ok, in lieu of going to a restaurant.  
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i vote for daisies! and a backyard bbq sounds perfect.
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the prior posters. It's unusual to ask for the guests to pay for their own meals. Since you have children, if they are in a position to assist you financially, perhaps you, your fiance, and your children can put together enough money to host a reception at a park pavilion or in someone's backyard. BBQ is fine, it's just to celebrate the occasion, doesn't need to be expensive.

I agree with AdelphiTN, I think daisies would be adorable. You can put them in Mason jars, would be very "country".

Congrats, welcome, and good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Now, I will add that I have attended wedding receptions that were potluck, and everyone thought that was just fine. So, if money is an issue, that might be an option combined with a BBQ.
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    a big NO to having guests pay for their lunch. If all you can afford is mints coffe and cake,that is what you should do.....no apologies. Perhaps your kids would like to "host a pot luck after at one of their homes....which you and your new husband would help pay for.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're having a really casual reception, potluck would be ok, or as someone else suggested, do some grilling... but definitely DO NOT ask anyone to pay. For anything. Ever. It's really, really bad form. It would be like inviting friends to dinner, then giving them a reciept from the grocery store and asking them to fork over their share- you just never would consider it!

I also think Daisies are lovely for flowers, and could work really nicely with your theme- congratulations and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards