Getting in Shape

Re: .

• Options
    I always bring my own food to work, and there are always sweets and temptations around here. I find it's really a mental thing though, just because you brought that food still doesn't mean you are going to choose it over the bad stuff if you really want it. Last year when I changed my eating habits, my boss used to joke around and try to get me to eat stuff. I did not even have any of the cupcakes they got when they gave me a group gift because I had my final fitting immediately after. Of course, I had one when I got home after the seamstress told me to not dare lose another half a pound hahaa. After awhile, people just knew that I prefer to eat healthy. My boss even orders a half veggie pizza now when he does the occasional staff pizza night. There will always be people who give you flack, which I really don't get, but try to ignore them and know you are doing what's best for you and your health.
  • Options
    I guess this is a common temptation that we've all faced!!
    One thing I do is keep a picture of my wedding dress on my bullentin board at work.  Then I remind myself that I working for that day and honeymoon too!!
    I also noticed that the more I resist, the easier it is.  Example- donut holes. If i eat one, I have to eat a ton.  So I just don't even eat one to avoid it.  "Moderation" is something my brain disagrees with.
  • Options
    I've made a pact with a coworker of mine who's trying to lose weight as well. If someone comes by with food and I am really really craving something sweet, I will go over to her and she will give me a piece of my stash. Same for her. We only use a treat that the other person really doesn't care for so there's no temptation for the person holding on to the stash to just gobble it all up.

It seems kinda silly typing it up but it works and has helped us both be more accountable especially with all the goodies that float around here. We've both found as time progresses we crave a piece less and less and it's gotten easier and easier to say no when the food comes around. It's almost become a game now to see who's stash lasts longer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with PP- I crunch the numbers in my WW point tracker.  That usually stops it.  I'd rather have a full meal than 1 donut.  I love to eat and I look at it as I could eat more food that is healthy or eat less food that is crap.  That's usually my mantra.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just started a new job (got a promotion, yayyyyyy) and these people here can EAT. None of the women are petite in my department, well expect one. So its DEFINTELY a struggle for me. Because they love to bring in all types of food: from breakfast, to snacks, to lunch. I believe I amy have GAINED about 5-6 pounds alreadyFrown. But as I type I just enrolled in a Kickboxing class on Mondays and Wednesdays after work, and will take you'll ideas of bring my own fruit and snacks to work. THanks for the encouragement guys!! Pray for me.......lol, i have already purchased my dress and can't afford to have to have material added, but........I can afford to have to have it altered because i LOST weight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards