New York-Western
Options

Newb + brief intro + a question!

Hi ladies!

My destination wedding in Maine is next month (whoop!) but now that that's basically under way, we're starting to think about our at-home reception sometime after we get back.  FI's whole family is in Buffalo and it's one of our favorite places, so it makes sense for us to throw a party there.  I just happened to stumble across this place, Buffalo Brew Pub (Clicky), on a complete whim.  Have any of you been here before?  From the pics and the menu, it seems pretty flipping awesome, but I've never even heard of it.  Thoughts?

Thanks so much in advance for your help.  I really appreciate it!

- Lindsey

Re: Newb + brief intro + a question!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been there a few times. The food is great, but it is pretty informal there (i.e. endless supply of peanuts, and shells go on the floor). I am not sure if they cater or not though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I'm just happy to hear they have great food.  I didn't see anything about catering or large parties on their website either, so hrm.. I'll have to call them and see.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I met online and the Brewpub is where we met. Delicious food! I don't know either if they cater though. As far as having a party there, I don't think they have a private room. Brennan's, which is similar and right down the street is a similar place, had good food and does have a private room if you will need that.
  • Options
    gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brew pub does have a private room.  i would think it could hold about 20-30 people or so....i was in there for a few sabres games. haha  Food is great. what others have said about informal is true. its definitely a peanuts on the floor kinda place, but a good hangout.

how formal of a party are you going for?  if you wanted something a tiny bit more formal but with the same general atmosphere and food quality -- perhaps try pearl street grill and brewery?
  • Options
    AZMagnini14AZMagnini14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_newb-brief-intro-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:622Discussion:3dc79d3e-c90e-4642-a2f4-63da4d2dc800Post:2e843a21-7663-4bf9-bd8d-1f718f59bead">Re: Newb + brief intro + a question!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brew pub does have a private room.  i would think it could hold about 20-30 people or so....i was in there for a few sabres games. haha  Food is great. what others have said about informal is true. its definitely a peanuts on the floor kinda place, but a good hangout. how formal of a party are you going for?  if you wanted something a tiny bit more formal but with the same general atmosphere and food quality -- perhaps try pearl street grill and brewery?
    Posted by gymbugmj2k[/QUOTE]

This. Only 25 people or so could fit there and it would be very closed quarters. I'd look else where. Maybe Pearl Street or Brennans like someone else said.
    BabyFetus Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!  I'll have to look at Brennans and the other places you mentioned.  Informal is all good for us.  We like things really laid back.  So long as there's good food and good drink, everyone's happy.  We actually went to Pearl Street to try out their menu a while back and really liked it.  It's beautiful and the food is really good.  I was curious to explore other options just to see what's out there.  Thanks for the tip on the size of the private room though, that would definitely be too small.  FI's family alone would be overflowing.

You ladies rock, thanks again!
  • Options
    L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that Pearl Street is great! Especially if you're going to have lots of people. Good luck!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pearl Street is great! An acquaintance of mine just had her reception there and it looked awesome! You may also want to check out Carmine's on Transit Rd. They can accomidate parties up to 70 people. (we were looking there to possibly have our rehersal dinner.) carminestogo.com

Good Luck!!!!

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 120 Invited image 58 Party People!image 11 Are missing out!image 51 are MIA ...
    RSVP Date: November 1, 2011

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oo, thanks for the Carmine's suggestion, I'll have to check them out.  Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards