September 2012 Weddings

Stressing out

So i'm a Sept 22 bride and i'm completely stressing out between work, maintaining a house, and the wedding. I swear the bags under my eyes get darker every day from lack of sleep. Is anyone else completely stressed to the max, is this the craziness everyone talks about a month out? What is everyone else experiencing?

Re: Stressing out

• OMG I feel your pain. I wake up in the middle of the night (well....3am usually) going over everything that has to still be done before the wedding. Then I wake up feeling cranky and groggy and end up having a crappy attitude. Not awesome!!!!!
    I was finally so annoyed with this that I went to my doctor and she gave me a script for klonopin. I've been taking them on an as needed basis and it's REALLY helping. Definitely won't be taking them the day of, because I want to remember everything....but it's helping me to chill out and calm the eff down during these last few weeks. My wedding is Sept 14th. 

Laura 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hear you!  We are closing on a house next week with a wedding on Sept 29.  I am so excited about the house but I am doing a serious juggling act.  And FI is of course more excited about the house than the wedding so getting him to help me out instead of looking up stuff for the house is near impossible. 
  • I'm a 9/22 bride also and I have to say i'm really not stressing about the wedding to much besides the RVPS' and wanting to lose more weight. Besides that i'm fine with everything and kinda wish time would speed up and it would be here already, we have been planning for almost two years.

• I'm a Sept 15 bride and I've never been so stressed in my life. I feel myself getting mad at every little thing, I dont sleep etc;  I am ready for this wedding to be here and then just go away with my hubby and leave this stress behind!
  • kinseyannkinseyann member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_stressing-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee17163f-9172-4de6-b42e-64c18ce7d2d1Post:5882b13b-c2a5-4e79-ab1f-39786985b69f">Re: Stressing out</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG I feel your pain. I wake up in the middle of the night (well....3am usually) going over everything that has to still be done before the wedding. Then I wake up feeling cranky and groggy and end up having a crappy attitude. Not awesome!!!!! I was finally so annoyed with this that I went to my doctor and she gave me a script for klonopin. I've been taking them on an as needed basis and it's REALLY helping. Definitely won't be taking them the day of, because I want to remember everything....but it's helping me to chill out and calm the eff down during these last few weeks. My wedding is Sept 14th.  Laura 
    Posted by Laurmi[/QUOTE]

<div>I have thought about going to the Dr., but then part of me doesn't even want to deal with the headache of that right now lol. It is helpfult yo know that i'm not the only one who is at their limit at this point.  </div>
  • Yeah...a month out and I'm having terrible neck spasms (ugh, add to to-do list: get in to see chiropractor). Sleep is hit-or-miss. The wedding is only part of it, but obviously a big piece. Work has been bananas, it just leaves me so drained. The house is in chaos. Fi's in Brazil for 9 days...bad because I miss him and I've got to take care of all this stuff on my own this week, but kinda good b/c it lets me set a to-do list for the week that I can handle at my own pace w/out interruption. Plus I can leave the house for an hour and not come home and have it look like a tornado went through it (unless I left it that way). ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Definitely agreed!

I've HATED this entire planning process. I just want it done with!

So far I'm sleeping fine, but my meltdowns are coming more often. (I definitely cried over flowers last week!) I just feel like I've made every single decision in the last 11 months, with little to no help. So overwhelming. :(
  • september 14th here too. i am getting to that point. I feel like there is SO much to do. bring at work is stressing me out because I feel like I should just be home doing wedding stuff. but when I am home, I don't even want to do that. we aren't going on our HM til January but I don't even care - sometimes I just want it to be september 15th. my mom put it in a good way - I want all the crap/drama/stupid people to be over but not the actual day, if that makes sense to anyone else.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_stressing-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee17163f-9172-4de6-b42e-64c18ce7d2d1Post:ea29b66d-5856-4fd6-9ce5-30241b18de97">Re: Stressing out</a>:
    [QUOTE]september 14th here too. i am getting to that point. I feel like there is SO much to do. bring at work is stressing me out because I feel like I should just be home doing wedding stuff. but when I am home, I don't even want to do that. we aren't going on our HM til January but I don't even care - sometimes I just want it to be september 15th. my mom put it in a good way - <strong>I want all the crap/drama/stupid people to be over but not the actual day, if that makes sense to anyone else.
    </strong>Posted by URIsweethearts[/QUOTE]

Definitely makes sense!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_stressing-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee17163f-9172-4de6-b42e-64c18ce7d2d1Post:ccdd2b4a-cef7-4e03-ae0d-d2ae53748c75">Re: Stressing out</a>:
    [QUOTE]Definitely agreed! I've HATED this entire planning process. I just want it done with! So far I'm sleeping fine, but my meltdowns are coming more often. (I definitely cried over flowers last week!) I just feel like I've made every single decision in the last 11 months, with little to no help. So overwhelming. :(
    Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

I thought i was the only bride who hated this process. I'm so excited to marry FI. And yes i want the day to be perfect and magical. But at this point, i'll take the day as it comes and i just want to get through it and then get on the beach!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_stressing-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:ee17163f-9172-4de6-b42e-64c18ce7d2d1Post:0ac69e2e-dbcb-4584-9f22-d700da1cd466">Re: Stressing out</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Stressing out : I thought i was the only bride who hated this process. I'm so excited to marry FI. And yes i want the day to be perfect and magical. But at this point, i'll take the day as it comes and i just want to get through it and then get on the beach!
    Posted by FutureMrsR5711[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! At this point I'm just ready for the honeymoon. I'm looking at it as my reward for going through all of the decisions and trouble that has been going on. I've even been have wedding nightmares. We're getting married on 9/22 and I can't wait for the stress to be over.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had a nightmare a couple weeks ago that the bakery forgot about my order so my event coordinator was calling them until they finally showed up with the cake. Then the cake had fondant icing instead of buttercream and so they brought some other cake that had been sloppily iced with buttercream. LOL Needless to say it freaked me out a bit that wedding planning had even begun to take over my sleep. FI and I had a great weekend and spent some much needed quality time together, relaxing and mentally preparing for the busy weekends to come. I would definitely recommend some non-wedding time with your FI just to de-stress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Stressing out:[QUOTE]Definitely agreed!I've HATED this entire planning process. I just want it done with! So far I'm sleeping fine, but my meltdowns are coming more often. I definitely cried over flowers last week! I just feel like I've made every single decision in the last 11 months, with little to no help. So overwhelming. : Posted by Smooch711[/QUOTE]

Yes! I am taking anxiety meds on a regular basis recently and it's the only thing to prevent me from going off the deep end. FI was irritated that we had to discuss the wine list for the RD with his mother yesterday and said if he realized what we were discussing he wouldn't have been on the call. I was like oh hell no, this is exactly why you are on this call. I can not make one more damn decision!!! I am over this whole thing. I just want to be married already. But I did this to myself!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, in a weird way I'm glad I found this thread, to know that I'm not the only one. I'm getting married September 15th and kept wondering why, instead of being just happy and excted 24/7, I'm nervous about pulling this off and feeling so stressed. Not sleeping and irratable, house not as kept as it should be, work is crazy in the way of wedding stuff that I don't want to do. I too, am over it and want to be on my HM and not make another decision. Antianxiety medication. I've been trying to do it all myself, just got a DOC because I know I can't keep this up through the day of on my own. I keep reminding myself these are good problems to have planning to marry and HM with the man of my dreams, but yea, it's a lot. I hope it gets better for everyone soon!
  • Okay ladies, everyone take a deep breath. I know exactly how you all feel!

You will get everything done in time. It will be magical and anything that you forget, you can do without. One day at a time, one task at a time. Make a list, check it off, ask for help where possible. Everything will be great and even if it's not - you and your husband will begin your life together and that's what's really important.

The above is what is what I tell myself when I start to get overwhelemed. I have the intense worry that I'm going to forget something important and have several lists and notes to keep me on track. It really helps!

Yesterday my FI asked me what I'm going to do with my free time when the wedding is over (we've been planning for 17months) and I said "Whatever I want! I can't wait for that!". He thinks I'll be bored - hahaha not!
  • I never want to see another MIchaels or Hobby Lobby after this wedding, LOL!!  I'm so sick of looking for things!!!

I'm a 9/22 bride, and I've got so much to do.  Still haven't got the centerpieces cause I refuse to drop $$$ on something that will be used for 5hrs, ugggh.  I have 33 invitations that have yet to rsvp and today is the deadline... fiance will be calling starting on Monday.

I also want the day to be magical, etc... but at this point, I just want it to be over, LOL
  • I'm pretty calm actually.  I just can't seem to sleep at night which calls for a cranky person in the morning.  Work is extremely nuts right now because it's nearing towards the end of summer so everyone needs to get construction done before the snow flies.  All I can say is I planned the honeymoon and wedding at the right time lol!  I don't really care what happens at work without me!  I just have a few things I am nervous about...like the dj isn't contacting me until two weeks out, and my sister isn't doing another hair trial until the weekend before my wedding.  I have to make 200 cake pops but that doesn't really phase me...I am going to start that this weekend.
  • It hits me in waves ... today marks exactly one month (until 9/15!!) and we've got pretty much everything done. Just waiting on RSVPs to hope our count is below 300 ... sheesh ... should not have let so many people have input on the guest list. I've been getting really severe foot cramps that only started after we got engaged.
    I've had dreams/nightmares that have progressively gotten more ridiculous and horrible related to the wedding. The most recent involved my bridesmaids abandoning me, my dad showing up to walk me down the aisle in a t-shirt ... and then proceeded to get up and lead all our guests in a pre-rehearsed song. AHH! 
    Now we are trying to get the house painted and ready to show off to out of town guests who might only see it this one time. THAT is more stressful than anything else (besides headcount!!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards