Favors
Options

favours

hi  knotties,im thinking about our favour id like to give our guests , i wanted to give them something  personal something that they could keep and remember us by for years to come , and not put in the back of the cupboard to be pulled out when we xcame over lol, (something not too expensive) and my idea was ............................................... a personalized street sign it would be in the shape of a street sign with for example hope fully the pic comes back please any feed back would be great positive or na\egative thanks

Re: favours

• Options
    janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok...I'm a little confused.  You're wanting to give personalized street signs as your favor?  With what on it? 

I personally would have no use for a personalized street sign, no matter what it had on it.  Seems like a waste of money.
  • Options
    babygirl65babygirl65 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi navybaby1113, how you goig thanks for awnsering my post, the street sign would read(for an example if my guests name were Mark and Debbie ) it would read MARK AND DEBBIES PL(PL abbreviated for place) for a better idea the website  i got the idea is from...................................www.buildasign.com/-unitedstates, i live in australia where a majority of our friends have a bit of land so i thoght they could put on there fence  or wall or somehere else it was convinent theres all sorts of different ones on the site , it woulld be great if you could check it out and let me know thanks Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't get the link to work...
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im sorry missy sue ive just tried too, try this if you go to google type in buildasign and than open up the one that says buildasign , click on that it opens up all sorts of signs, its the one that says street signs let mewww.buildasign.com know how you go thanks
  • Options
    CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are a vendor, vendors are not allowed to post here.

And if you truly are a bride, $17 is quite a bit of money for a favor.  I live on a farm, so I could probably hang it up somewhere.  But not everyone I know does, so for them it would probably be a waste.  Personalization is not for everyone.  It does not fit everyone's decor or taste.  How are you going to know ahead of time every single couple who comes?  What if they RSVP No and you already had their sign made?  What will you do with the couple who is dating and not married or engaged?  What about the person who is single and/or comes with a date?  I think your best bet is to go with something edible, or read the suggestions in the sticky at the top of the forum
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope.  I'd think it was silly.  I wouldn't leave it behind because it had my name on it, and I wouldn't want you to know that I thought it was useless.  But I'd throw it out when I got home.

I think you're a vendor......
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi ca2mt4ever, no im not a vendor lol, the signs ive got quoted on because i wanted a few work out to $6.00 each, because fh and i have just moved to another state, 99% of our friends are flying over, so i would definetly know how many nos i would have in advance,95% are on land weather it be horses, or a cattle and i have no single person coming as fh and i have been together for nearly 16 years our groups of friends are couples or family members, there were also great signs for familys with kids, as a child could put it in there room, the signs are not like your everyday street signsyou can decor them as you which was helping me to make them  individualy personal for our guests ( i liked that idea)as you said everyones got diffeent taste,
    In saying that this is why i asked coz im not 100% sure about the idea i checked out your sticky at the top of the forumn and was a great help thank you very much
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards