Missouri-Kansas City

**Rant**

i don't even know where to start... my family-

i started off with two little flower girls.... now i have 4 including 2-2year olds.. and the sister of one of the org flowergirls. only after she threw a fit at thanksgiving and she's older than the org. so to keep the family happy i now have all girls under 8 in my wedding.

so my wedding is fairytale theme, so the org idea was the flowergirls wear wings.. the older one said "no way , i'm to old for something stupid like that" so my mom said oh just let her be , it's not worth the fight.

the flowergirl dress, well my family decide to get ones they like that don't match and i had no say... again my mom said oh it's not that big of deal

so my moh is my age 21 and a college student, so my mom was like oh don't seach of a dress for him we'll go to a consignment shop and she'll find some thing... i had  her dress picked to match with mine..

it feels like my family don't care how i feel about this... even told me to get over it and quit being a bridzilla. grr....

the boys side...

his 10 year old sister said she won't come, let alone be in the wedding if she can't wear high heels... it's down hill and grassy
his mom don't regester we are getting married we've been  engaged since oct and she yesterday said "so when are you getting marred." and it's not like we never see them... we're there 1or 2 times a week.
and when he asked them if they planned on helping us or with the dinner, they laughed at him.

and he can't save a dime for this wedding he'll save some then spend it on random stuff we'll never need.

i'm just so done with it all

if you read that, sorry and if not- don't blame you

Re: **Rant**

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're having such a hard time with family.  I know it stinks when you feel like they are the ones who should be happiest and most supportive of you.  Just hang in there and remember you will soon be marrying the man of your dreams!  In the end, as you're walking down the aisle, you won't notice or care what others are wearing and your FI's parents will finally get it!

Good luck!
  • SarawallsSarawalls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time!  It sounds like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" over at your house.  Just remember, the marriage is more important than the wedding.  And if they won't let you have the wedding you want, you can renew your vows in 5 years and not invite any of them!  Wink

I know how you feel about the flower girls sitch.  My FI has 10 neices and nephews...and we decided not to have a flower girl or a ring bearer so we didn't have to choose and no one would get mad.

Good luck!  Keep your chin up!
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time.  I agree with the PP - keep your head up and remember you are marrying the love of your life and that's all that matters.  I like the suggestion of renewing your vows in 5 years. 

We aren't having flowergirls or a ringbearer for the same reason - too hard to choose.

Good Luck!
  • HammysGirlHammysGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ugh! That would be so frustrating! I would take one of two stances:

A) If they want to be in your wedding, they will wear what you have picked out.

or

B) Involve them in the choosing process - pick out a couple of different options than can choose from and make them choose one of those.

Part of it is "oh, it's not worth the battle" but at the same time, if this were THEIR wedding, they probably wouldn't be so relaxed about it! ;-)
  • edited December 2011
    Maybe you should take a step back and decide if this is really what you want.  You are 21, stand up for yourself.  Tell your mom that it is your wedding and you are not being a bridezilla, just want a few things you want.  As for the FI not saving money, that is a seperate issue and you really need to address that now before you get married.  If he does it now, he will do it later.
    Good luck and if this is really what you want go for it, but stand up for yourself now or you won't be able to later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards