New York-New York City

Queens County Farm Museum

Has anyone hosted/attended a wedding at the Queens County Farm Museum?  We're considering it for the ceremony and reception and would love some feedback before doing our site visit.  Thanks!

Re: Queens County Farm Museum

• RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    my friend is getting married there in august, i will gladly report back after the wedding if you like, but i realize that is 3 months away.  from what they've told me they really like it so far.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lucyslovelucyslove member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love Queens County Farm!  I went to a wedding there a few years ago and it was gorgeous!  It is a totally different venue than anything else on LI, which was super nice.  My friend said that the site fee was reasonable, and I think she brought in her own caterer...but I could be wrong about that.  
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you really need to see it.

It can be very nice if you take the time to add some decorations.  Its definitely more "casual" so that would have to be what you are looking for.  If not, then its not the place.  I've been to ceremony/reception there and its really quaint.  She did tin pails filled with flowers on the tables so it blended so nicely.  It hink if you stay with the "theme" of the venue it works so well.

Good luck
  • edited December 2011
    I, too, would love to hear from people who have had receptions there. I visited the site and like it a lot, but I would like to hear couples managed all the logistics. It seems like a lot of DIY, which could be awesome, for a really personal touch, but also a lot of work.  If anyone's had a wedding there --  you use the recommended caterers? Did you hire anyone to help with setup and execution (like a wedding planner/coordinator)? Did you provide the booze yourself or have the caterer do it? Where did you get flowers/decorations? Did you hire a bus to take all your drunk guests home? How much did you end up spending? Any tips would be greatly appreciated... I am trying to figure out if this is a realistic option for me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards