Moms and Maids
Options

Asking bridesmaids

I am interested in getting ideas on unique ideas for asking my girlfriends if they would like to be my bridesmaids. Something fairly easy but cute and memorable.

Thanks in advance for suggestions!

Re: Asking bridesmaids

• Options
    There are a number of Etsy sellers who make cute cards for this purpose, but frankly I'm a fan of "will you be my bridesmaid" in a face-to-face conversation when possible. 

When I asked my MOH (who lives across the country, so face to face wasn't an option) I called her up and said "Hey what are you doing on July 23?  Would you be my MOH?"
  • Options

I asked my girls to dinner and had purchaced silly sashes from the party store and tearas (no clue how to spell that) It was goofy but fun!

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't do anything special. I just asked each one when I saw them- all within the same week to week and a half.

If I put a little more thought into it, I would have written a card or something. But, that's really it.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    shadowkat08shadowkat08 member
    First Comment
    edited March 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_asking-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:357Discussion:de0919a8-6cd0-4969-a452-68b86ecb07a9Post:16a1f697-3f30-4c56-bc36-b976827c3182">Re: Asking bridesmaids</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are a number of Etsy sellers who make cute cards for this purpose, but frankly I'm a fan of "will you be my bridesmaid" in a face-to-face conversation when possible.  When I asked my MOH (who lives across the country, so face to face wasn't an option) I called her up and said "Hey what are you doing on July 23?  Would you be my MOH?"
    Posted by Kate61487[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Ditto about the face-to-face conversation.</div><div>
    </div><div>BUT, if you're still wanting a cute idea, you could do cookies. The cookie cutters should be easy to find. </div><div>
    </div><div>Example: <a href="http://www.destinationweddingmag.com/blogs/lauren-and-tim-are-getting-married-here-come-the-bridesmaids" rel="nofollow">http://www.destinationweddingmag.com/blogs/lauren-and-tim-are-getting-married-here-come-the-bridesmaids</a></div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    I asked mine the day I told them. My sister and best friend from high school were no brainers. When I phoned my best friend from university, I was slightly on the fence, since we no longer lived in the same city I don't see her as often, and wasnt' sure if we may have grown apart slightly, but as soon as I told her and we got excitedly talking about it and catching up, I had absolutely no doubts and asked her right then.

I'm considering putting together, or just buying pre-made, bridesmaid "day of emergency" tote bags, filled with some practical, some just fun things. Had I planned to ask them in a special way like that, I probably would have gotten them with a note to give
    "People tell me the engagement will fly by and we'll be married before I know it, but it hasn't felt like that so far" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We took each of our attendants out to dinner and asked them to come play with us at our wedding as a bridemaid/groomsman.    We had great dinners out with our friencs. 
  • Options
    I must be the oddball lol I didn't even ask. They all already knew they'd be in the bridal party...like, it was just assumed I guess. My sister had already expressed she wanted to be MOH, and it took me a bit to make a decision, but once I did, I just let her know I wanted her to be MOH, didn't actually ask. Oops...maybe these broke all the etiquette rules, but I guess I've never actually be "asked" to be in a wedding party...it's always been kind of assumed. Hard to explain really, but it felt more natural than outright asking.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I bought really cute "Will you be my Bridesmaid?" cards from Papyrus and asked the girls to happy hour. One of my friends gave each girl a bottle of wine with a tag that said "On the day where I will be the bride, it would mean the world to me to have you sippin by my side. Will you be my bridesmaid?". It was super cute!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards