October 2013 Weddings
Options

Four Weddings

There was a Four Weddings marathon on this weekend (Saturday or Sunday) and in one of the episodes, a woman who spent $70,000 on her wedding won the free honeymoon!  I was so bummed out and had to stop watching.  FI came into the room when I began screaming at the tv - "How about you spend $60,000 on your wedding and then you can afford your own honeymoon?"  So lame.  

Re: Four Weddings

• Options
    I don't know what Four Weddings is, but I totally agree with your logic. If you are willing to spend that much on a wedding, you would think they would be able to budget some money for a trip - even a small trip to a destination nearby that didn't require airfare!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    Totally my thinking!  Four Weddings is this (sometimes awful) show where 4 brides attend each other's weddings and then grade each other on certain categories.  The one with the best score at the end gets the free honeymoon.  I have only watched it a few times, but based on that episode, I will likely not watch it in the future.  

• Options
    I don't think anyone has the right to tell someone that their wedding was mediocre compared to anyone else's because in the end it's all about the marriage and the bond two people commit to not the stupid flowers, drinks, or food. You can't compare wedding events because couples and families are too unique even if their weddings turn out looking the same.

I actually had a friend ask me why I was having my reception where I was and not somewhere unexpected in order to make it unique...The commitment is unique and THATS the wedding.

I don't like that show at all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_four-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:c1b8feb3-d02f-4833-b61d-a3cad0eebc56Post:525e48db-b1ef-46f7-8f45-b82bc428f461">Re: Four Weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]Totally my thinking!  Four Weddings is this (sometimes awful) show where 4 brides attend each other's weddings and then grade each other on certain categories.  The one with the best score at the end gets the free honeymoon.  I have only watched it a few times, but based on that episode, I will likely not watch it in the future.  
    Posted by Rochelle041[/QUOTE]

<div>Wait, they're judged by other brides? Theoretically, someone could spend more (like $70,000) and get higher ratings - there could be better food, better accommodations, etc. But, that doesn't mean that another couple can't do something really nice on a smaller budget - and could be more deserving of the honeymoon prize. But compared to another event, it might not rate as high.</div><div>
    </div><div>Bad show - haven't seen it, hadn't heard of it, not going to watch it.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
    image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
    image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_four-weddings?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:c1b8feb3-d02f-4833-b61d-a3cad0eebc56Post:861c8805-aa04-4e17-a66a-695148e52ce5">Re: Four Weddings</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Four Weddings : Wait, they're judged by other brides? Theoretically, someone could spend more (like $70,000) and get higher ratings - there could be better food, better accommodations, etc. But, that doesn't mean that another couple can't do something really nice on a smaller budget - and could be more deserving of the honeymoon prize. But compared to another event, it might not rate as high. Bad show - haven't seen it, hadn't heard of it, not going to watch it.
    Posted by SewInLoveWithDMB[/QUOTE]

<div>My exact problem with the show.  The 4 go to each other's weddings and rate them (so the three brides' weddings you attend will judge yours).  It bummed me out that the expensive chick won because she had the fire dancers and the 5 course meal!  Of course hers was the most extravagant!  I will not watch it again.  </div>

• Options
    I wish extravegant didn't equal best wedding in brides eyes. If I did anything like that I hope that we were judging on things like, meaningfullness, guest bonding, and mood. You know stuff that ACTUALLY makes a wedding :-/

Fire Dancers... really?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    I think the show is more about showboating than the free honeymoon. If a bride wants to be on the show, they're asking to be judged. If someone has a budget wedding but doesn't go on the show, then no, they shouldn't be judged. I only watch for wedding ideas. The rating portion is weird to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards