Michigan-Detroit
Options

Hotels near Ann Arbor. Help!

So apparently our wedding is the same day as a big U of M game (9-24-11). All the hotels are booked. We're not from that area... We're getting married in Saline. What's the next closet city for hotels?? Ypsi? Any advice? Unique ideas? Kind of in a panic! Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Hotels near Ann Arbor. Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ouch!  That's going to be really hard!

Ypsi is definitely the next closest city with hotels, but I wouldn't even be surprised to find all those booked.  When FI's parents came a few years ago on a home game weekend, the closest we could get a hotel for them was Canton, so I would check in Plymouth/Canton.  You could think about looking down in Dundee as an option.  Its probably about 1/2 an hour from Saline, and has some hotels off of 23.

Good luck, and let us know how you figure this out.  I'm curious!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. We'll check ypsi out I guess. I had no idea that the hotels booked up like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may also have some luck in Dearborn.
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As some one who lives in Ypsilanti, I would definitely make sure that you did your homework before recommending a hotel to your guests (although I'm sure that you were planning on doing that anyway).  Very few of the hotels in Ypsi are in areas that I would term "nice," and a good percentage of the hotels here that I can think of are of the "pay by the hour, would you like 'Chastity' to visit your room for a turn-down" sort of establishments. 

That said, on the night that FI proposed, he booked us a room at the Eagle's Crest Marriott on Whittaker Road here in Ypsi, and it was absolutely beautiful.  I would definitely recommend that one - plus, they have their own golf course.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you try hotels on the more on the outskirts of Ann Arbor - not so close to campus? There are a few right off 23 on Plymouth rd. on the NE side of town (there's a Red Roof Inn, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn, Microtel Inn & Suites, and a Hawthorn Suites). There's also some on the far West side of town, near Scio Twp (Weber's Inn, Best Western). I would think that some of these would have openings, because they aren't really anywhere near the stadium. If you just go to google maps and type "hotels in ann arbor" you can look for some that are close to the AA/Saline area that might work and have openings. Just be careful if you venture into Ypsi...

Depending on how many people need a room, there is a really small Inn in Clinton, about 15 minutes from Saline. It's called the Clinton Inn, and I think they only have like 10 rooms, so if only a few people need a hotel you can try that. It might be kind of pricey, I'm not really sure.

Good luck!

PS- We're getting married in Saline too. How annoying is it that there aren't really any hotels there!?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    lalaith50lalaith50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    oooh, I am SO sorry to hear that! That is precisely one of biggest reasons we picked the day we did-- one of the very few saturdays in the fall with NO football game!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lalaith- we didn't even think of that. kinda wish we would have.

We figured out a solution- We found a hotel in Milan, 20 rooms left. It's about 10-15 minutes away. And they even have a shuttle taxi service. I feel so relieved!

drewmw- where are you getting married? we're getting married at Weller's. Saline is so pretty!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bitsi420bitsi420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try north around brighton or west around chelsea too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend having them stay at the airport. something up near that M-14/275 interchange would work too.. Northville, Novi, Plymouth.

But the airport is really good - straight down 94 and the prices are usually pretty good.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards