Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ceremony at reception venue?

Has anyone had their ceremony with the guest seated at the reception tables?  We are having a short ceremony at the reception venue and do not want to have to move chairs and tables prior to serving dinner (its a Friday evening wedding).  FI and I personally would love our guests spread out a little since we are both uncomfortable being the center of attention and semi-considered eloping.  Does this work or will people be straining their necks? Thanks!

Re: Ceremony at reception venue?

• Options
    I went to a wedding like this about a year ago and it was totally fine.  It was actually very convenient. 
  • Options
    If it had rained for 10 more minutes we would have had this kind of ceremony.  The guests would have been seated at their tables and our immediate families would have had seats at the front (like at a traditional ceremony). 
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did that.  Worked great and lead to a seamless cocktail hour.  We had the ceremony on what turned into the dance floor.  It worked great for us since we had a very wide "aisle" and it allowed DH and I to enter with both of our parents without getting all smushed in a tight space.  Just be aware when you are doing your seating charts to check fro the sightlines for your VIP guests (ex. parents) and people that need to get up during the ceremony (if you have readers or soloists).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    We did this and it worked out perfectly.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Our venue does this, but we're doing traditional straight-ahead seating for our ceremony.  We have 5 people to help transition the room to reception seating, with the tables on standby for when we are done with our ceremony.   Our venue has covered gardens out back for guests to go enjoy appetizers and do a receiving line with us while the room is transitioned though, so it's not a bunch of people awkwardly standing around waiting for the room to be "flipped".  If they didn't have that, we'd probably just have everyone sit at the reception tables. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards