Rhode Island

Save the Date mix up!!

I  went to the UPS store to pick up our Save the Date magnets...and the girl working there accidentally gave them to the wrong customer. Oy...luckily she called him and he is returning them tomorrow!!!
September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Save the Date mix up!!

• edited December 2011
    oh no! i would have had a heart attack for sure! i hope it turns out ok!!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011

Eh....I told the girl to call ME and not FI when it's all straightened out...he would have flipped if he was there.

I figured there was no sense in panicking because we don't need to send them for another month, and it was UPS's fault, so they would have to pay for reprints if worst came to worst.

Also, what was some guy going to do with 80 magnets with pictures of me and FI on them?!? I'm sure he'd rather have whatever was in his package  ;)

Plus the girl looked really nervous and upset, so I'd rather give her the chance to make it right than upset her or get her in trouble!

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    well kudos to you for being so level headed through the situation :-) it sounds like everything is going to turn out just fine. yay!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011
    I have them now :). They came out nice I will see if I can scan one or find the proof...
  • edited December 2011
    Jess I love your photo's of your centerpieces. Did you  put those together yourself? I think I might copy this idea if you dont mind. Who will be puttnig them together and lighting the candles for you?
  • edited December 2011

Krisitn,

I did - I actually responded to you in the thread about them regarding where I got all the materials.
    We have our venue from 8 am to 11 pm, the ceremony will be at 4. I am going to cut all the (fake) flowers ahead of time, and we will go that morning and set them up before getting ready, which will just involve bringing the vases, mirrors, and candles and pitchers to pour water into the vases. The caterers will light the candles during cocktail hour :)

I DO have to talk to the caterer about getting the linens ahead of time.

It's me, my mom and 5 bridesmaids so it should take less than an hour to do all this  :)

When

• edited December 2011
    Hi Jess!

You are going to run into all sorts of little bumps in the road unfortunately!  I'm glad it worked out though. 

When I was planning my own wedding, I went for my first dress fitting (4 weeks before the wedding) and there was a yellow stain all over my dress from the plastic bag it was stored in (my mom and I are convinced of that).  Luckily I was able to get a new dress in time!  Then, the night before my wedding I picked up the dress and brought it home.  I spent over $200 on alterations and the bussel- the girl didn't steam the dress and it was covered with wrinkles!  My mom called her and had a "mother of the bride moment" on her (the dress was steamed the next morning). On the wedding day my videographer was hitting on one of my bridesmaids all night and between the ceremony and reception he went missing for two hours!  He missed our first dance, Jay's brother's toast, my maid of honor's toast, and the blessing which was also given by a friend!  

All in all, I loved my wedding- it was perfect (except for all of that).  My mom was a hot mess but my wedding planner converted to a pitbull and took care of everything.  I have some examples of poor etiquette too if you'd like me to tell you about that! lol

The Bridal Arts Company www.makeupartistrybysuzi.com 401-829-9605
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards