September 2012 Weddings

Gifts for Bridesmaids?

I know we have a lot of time, but I was thinking about what gift I could get my girls. I don't want to do something too generic/monogrammed. I was in my cousin's wedding and she gave us coach purses (which was amazing!), but I don't really have the budget for that! 

Ideas?? 
One of my bridesmaids enjoys writing so I thought about finding a personalized journal on Etsy, but other than that I'm lost! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gifts for Bridesmaids?

• i'm really at a loss too. i've tossed around a bunch of ideas. my MOH gave us monogrammed bath robes for hers. i'm still torn about whether i want to do the same gifts or different. it's hard because i know what my friends like but i'm nervous to pick out something because they might already have something similar/better. :(

i was thinking of getting monogrammed jewelry travel rolls, but then getting a different piece of jewelry for each girl, something that i know each one would like.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • I used a wedding channel deal for my bridesmaid gifts.  I haven't ordered them yet, but it's paid for.  I'm getting them matching personalized wine glases.  They will have their bridesmaid dresses painted on them with "Bridesmaid" or "Maid of Honor" on the base and their names around the lip.  They're cute.  Probably not the most origional idea, but I'm also unemployed and broke, so I'm doing the best I can.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    So far I made totes (from VP, free deals) for each one with their name and a design in their favourite colour (totally not my wedding colours for most of them lol). I made personalized hangers, and personalized frames which I am going to put photos in before giving them to them (they are in my bio) Also using VP I did mugs (we are going to have a selection of tea, coffee and hot chocolate when we first get to our Bridal Prep Room), notebooks and pens with their names on them as well. I am still wanting to do a couple little things because despite all the stuff listed there I've spent less than $20/person (thank you VP and Michaels coupons lol) I'm thinking I'll add something personal to each bag, different for each person
  • Right now I got each one a lotion and body spray set from Victoria Secrets. It was $6 per set so I thought it was a steal! I am also making each girl a chalkboard wineglass. Then I am going to the local winery and getting each girl a bottle of their favorite wine. I also ordered each girl their own stationary set. Not sure what else I am going to do. I am also a budget so I am trying to make my $ stretch.

I think my FI is going to show me up. He is thinking of ordering a personalized small tailgate type grill for each guy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im prob get them all the jewerly for the wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • So far I got my girls the wrap towel robes, personalized wine glass, clutches, and undies from VS that says bridesmaid. I will probably then branch off and get them each something more individual to them. Like one of mine loves wine and will probably get her a nice bottle of wine, one likes jewelry so I will probably go that route, and the other...i have no idea yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am doing matching robes, since they are all stayign in my suite with me the night before and we are all having hair done there in the am.  I am paying for eveyones hair. Make-up is on them, but I have hair covered and then my thought was a personalized wine/mimosa glass and I need to pick jeweleryfor each.  (either earign or necklace or if I get a deal on a set that would be great.)

I have 6 girls and I'm guessing I'll be at about $100 each which is a little more than I want to spend, but one of my BM is my hairstylist and she and another girl from her Salon have a side wedding business so I couldn't not have her do the hair and to avoid awkwardeness I've decided to give everyone their hair so that they aren't paying a fellow BM or worse not paying a fellow BM and it could all just be weird if they thought it was too much etc....  
    Sept 2012 Siggy:Bridesmaids' Dresses
    Bari Jay 911 in Raspberry
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All I know so far is that I'm making them a set of chalkboard wine glasses.  I only have about $30 per girl to spend but those should be cheap so I'll have room to play. But, all my girls have to travel on a plane so I'm trying to come up with things that are lightweight/small which is proving difficult!
  • Here is what I decided on...
    1) Totes with their initials that I painted with cute design
    2) clutch with a roseette (to match my dress) from etsy
    3) cute picture frame from etsy
    4) Bridesmaid hangers that I plan to make
    5) A bottle of wine

All of it will go in the tote.  I had a really hard time deciding, but I knew I wanted to givr them something they could use after the wedding. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_gifts-bridesmaids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5d1870f7-74d6-450f-b476-774112d36179Post:ca38c654-d7e8-4130-b515-a3cc6d7f34f3">Re: Gifts for Bridesmaids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im prob get them all the jewerly for the wedding!
    Posted by Kimc0403[/QUOTE]

This really isn't a wedding party gift, it's something you want them to wear for the wedding and quite possibly could be not their style.

I am getting the girls Pandora bracelets with their birthstone charm and a Micheal Korrs/Coach/Fossil wristlet/clutch. Both of my attendants asked for pandora for Christmas and I informed their SO's not to get them as I already purchased them. One is a mom and never carries a purse always a diaper bag so the wristlet is perfect for her keys/phone/etc and the other never carries a purse so it's perfect for her as well.
  • Ive decided to do spa bags.... I got totes from oriental trading...they were $8. And i got them slippers from Victorias Secet, they were $5.99.... I still have to get some lotion, body wash,body spray, a makeup bag (with brushes in it), a candle, nail polish, nail kit.....     Basically filling it with different things they'll be able to use.
  • I got my bridesmaids some really pretty Silpada earings and they loved them! Visit this website: Www.mysilpada.com/jill.shultz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards