Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Introduction....Invite question-

Hey Ladies- I don't think I have actually introduced myself... I have been lurking and normally on the June 2010, DIY, and Budget boards.  My name is Amy, wedding date is 6/19/10.  Our colors are tiffany blue, black, and silver.

I am trying to get the invites decided on today (a scrapbooking store near me has buy 10 cardstock, get 10 free- which ends today)   Anyways we are doing pocketfolds- FI doesnt want to do the tiffany blue pocketfold bc he thinks its just too much blue.  So we are going to do silver pocketfolds with a black mat behind the invitation--- The invites and the inserts are where we are having an issue.  I want to be able to put the blue in there somewhere since it is our main color... But does the invite cardstock have to be the same as the inserts? or could we do a cream colored invite and the blue inserts?  

What are your opinions on this?   Thanks so much!!!

Re: Introduction....Invite question-

• Options
    I think you could do different colors, but try to bring them together with a design or something...like this:

• Options

Is it less formal to use colored cardstock for the invites and inserts as opposed to using a cream colored carstock?

• Options
    I'm not a fan of text on a colored card that isn't pastel in an invite.  I think it's just a smidge hard to read for some folks.  Instead, I would consider:

aqua envelopes for the invites AND RSVPs.
    aqua ink on the invite for your names
    aqua ink on the inserts for "headers" like "Directions" or "RSVP"
    possibly mount an insert printed on matching cream cardstock onto aqua cardstock.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards