Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Help! I need an officiant!

Hi ladies!Although most of the planning is coming right along for our May 29, 2010 Baton Rouge wedding, I've hit a roadblock in the officiant department.  Neither my FI or I are from here originally, and I sort of have no idea where to start with finding someone to marry us. And with only a little over 6 months left to go, I'm starting to get nervous.  Does anyone have suggestions on officiants/jp's?  We're hoping to have a religious/spiritual ceremony (non-denominational), but so far I haven't had much luck with my search. Any suggestions, opinions, and/or advice is much appreciated!

Re: Help! I need an officiant!

• kbarron1kbarron1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using a gentleman who calls himself "the Wedding Minister".  We are just like you guys in that we want a spiritual ceremony since we are christian, but are not having a church ceremony.  He is perfect for that and is okay with the fact that you want it to be non-denominational....  His name is Ernest Breaux and his number is 985-507-1703.  One of the nice girls on this board helped me find him and we are so pleased!  He will cater your ceremony to your wishes.  He cost us $200.
  • edited December 2011
    Fabulous, thank you Karla! I will definitely look into giving him a call.  I really appreciate the help!
  • edited December 2011
    Drew Murrell 225-938-3559, email is drewmurrell@clearchannel.com he is a sweetheart.. you can let him know brittiny referred you...
  • edited December 2011
    I know of some one who will be marrying me and my fiance he is a friend oft he family and he is awesome! His name is Mr. Mike Smith. Let me know if u r interested. diana_f_curtis@mybrcc.edu
  • edited December 2011
    It was me! I used the wedding minister and gave his name to Karla - he was great! Nice guy - didn't stay around for the reception but conducted a great and heartfelt ceremony. His name is Ernest Breaux -- AKA "the wedding minster".
  • edited December 2011
    I'm in the process of looking for an officiant in the Baton Rouge area and I came across this posting.  Can anyone provide a review of their officiant for me?  The ceremony is going to be short and sweet and at the reception site.  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards