California-Los Angeles
Options

My rings were meant to be....

FI and I are on a very tight budget for our wedding.  It seemed kind of foolish to add rings to the equation.  I figured we'd get a CZ ring, and upgrade later.  Then I felt that I'd really like my ring to be the one I'm married with.  So we went to a jeweler nearby that had been recommended, and we were discouraged by the prices.  We went to the car, and I suddenly remembered that I had inherited my great aunts jewelry when I was really young.  I hadn't thought of it in years, and none of my family remembered either.  So I started searching.  It can be hard to find such a small item in boxes, but I had a feeling it was in my ballerina jewelry box, from when I was young.  And it was!  The part that is the most amazing is that it is the exact style I had been looking for.  We took it to the jewelry district and went to the jewelers that had been recommended here.  The first guy said that since they were sautered together he didn't recommend separating them.  The second guy said that I should be able to enjoy the engagement ring now.  He told us that the center stone was "modern" but the rest of the stones were an old cut.  So now we're trying to find out more about it, and if it was handed down to my great aunt.  He's resizing and repairing what needs to be done.  These rings are special and I know my great aunt is smiling down on me.  I can't wait to get them on Thursday!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: My rings were meant to be....

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards