February 2013 Weddings

Ceremony

How did you go about planning your ceremony? Are you doing anything like the lighting of a unity candle or a sand ceremony? Is anyone singing during the ceremony? My fiance's dad is marrying us, and he has a standard outline of how he does things, but I was just curious what things you all might be adding to yours! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony

• Hello!! I am having a destination wedding in Jamaica!  We are letting the resort handle everything (well, we have no choice there as the resort we chose is very strict on who we use) but we have added in a sand ceremony!  Ideally I would love a choir singing our favorite song...or a steel drum band but alas our budget only allows for the sand ceremony, lol!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We won't be having hymns or songs to sing. We are doing a wine box ceremony though. We are having scripture readings, but not communion, so somewhat religious. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are keeping it simple as well, no special ceremonies or readings.  For us we just don't have anything that would really be sentimental so it will be short and sweet!

But you can really do anything you like.  Friend of mine just got married and it was a tradition in their family that her sister and father always sang at family weddings.  It was really nice.  

I would do whatever means the most to you and your FI.
  • edited January 2013
    We are doing a tree ceremony instead of the candle, sand, etc. It's the same concept except we will have a potted tree, that we've been growing for a year, and we will add water and our moms will add dirt. We found a script online that will go with it. No singing or readers though.
    Best of luck to you and yours!

Feb 22, 2013
  • We're doing a handfasting ceremony, no songs, no readings.  Our officiant is really great, they're part of a non-denominational religious group, and had a rough outline to start with, with several lists of options to customize our ceremony, how much tradition and religion we want in it, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those are all really cool ideas :) I think we are going to do a sand ceremony and have my fiance's sister sing something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours is a very simple ceremony too! No readings, but we're having a rose ceremony where we pass out roses to our mothers and grandmothers--women that have been influential in our lives. At the end we're also doing a wine ceremony, both of us sipping a glass to symbolize the bitterness and the sweetness of marriage. Then as a joke, the best man gets to down the rest (surprise to him!!), should be pretty great lol!
  • I having a Catholic ceremony in church so we will have readings and singers. We have a really down to earth priest though so he let us customize our ceremony. We decided to do the unity candle and hand out roses to our mothers.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • do you have a planner or you do it by yourself?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards