Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Help needed!!

I am a recently engaged knottie.  Was doing really well on my Feb wedding planning until we hit a major hitch in our plan and had to move the wedding up to this year!!!  And now I am struggling to find a location for a ceremony and reception since our church is booked through the most of the rest of this year.  We were shooting for Oct because we have to avoid snow season as half of our guests are coming from out of town.

Any suggestions welcome.  We have approx 100-125 guests and a limited budget as most of us do.

HELP LADIES
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help needed!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Breathe.  Have a glass of wine or two.  You'll be fine.  What kind of budget are we talking?  What area of Cincy/NKy are you in?  Do you want another church?  What kind?  

I can recommend First Christian Church in Fort Thomas.  They're my church.  It's a husband-wife co-pastor team (the husband will be our officiant).  The church is beautiful.

There's the Southgate Community Center for a reception, along with many other halls nearby.  Give some more details and I'd love to help.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You'll find lots of help here!  Like PP said, we need more details, but I wanted to let you know I changed my entire wedding 93 days out.  Cancelled the ceremony and reception site, added a limo, completely redone.  It still was perfect.  You'll be fine!   Would you consider a Friday?  That seems to help in finding an open date (and is more budget friendly)! 

Welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just wanted to say.... I'm a future Mrs. Curtis too  =) You'll be fine! Things always work out. Are you looking for a Catholic church or any?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would look at country clubs.  I feel that they tend to book up slower because it's not the only type of business they are doing.  Plus then you get pretty grounds to have your pictures taken by.  Post some more details and I'm sure someone will have more suggestions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Constance2012Constance2012 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I talked to the Madison in Covington a few weeks ago and if you pick one of their available dates this year its 50% off! And they had several available. I was talking with Stephanie King, you should have her check your date!
  • Options
    airair44airair44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would suggest a Friday or Sunday wedding (I am doing Sunday because our venues were booked every friday and saturday and it is saving us a good chunk of money). October is getting to be a popular wedding month so getting a Saturday at a popular venue may be tough but not impossible.   For tight budgets, community centers and parks are always good options.  Is there a certain atmosphere you had in mind?  Outdoorsy, unique, country club?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Wow, love that so many of your ladies are here to help!!
    Many of my guests are coming in from out of town(6 hours or more) so a Friday just wont work. 
    I'm looking at around $6000 for my wedding of 100-125 people.  Which I know sounds a little low budget, but I already have a dress(a beautiful loaner) just 2 bridesmaids and groomsmen and I am doing my own flowers.  The only real "splurge" I am getting is a photobooth which I have priced out for about $700 from a great local company.
    I had looked into the Maidson and they really did have some great deals, but all the dates I needed were booked.  Super bummer.  I am still going down next week to check it out and see if we could work some creative magic.  And I called the Syndicate....umm no......the "deal" they wanted to give me was $34.95 a person no tax or gratuity included.  So not a deal.  My ah ha moment today came when I called Aston Oaks.  The woman was SOOOOO helpful and we are going to go check it out tomorrow.  Fingers crossed and lots of prayers ladies or I may just have an early wedding meltdown. 

Keep any suggestions coming though please.  I may need an alt route still.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hccpsuhccpsu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about the first week or two in November?  We had our reception in mid-November 2009. and the weather was still so warm coats weren't necessary.

For your size wedding, I'd try Receptions (they have several locations).  We used the one in Erlanger--they have a small room that holds 125-135, and they gave it to us at a really good price because apparently most people don't have weddings that "small" (it wasn't small to me!).  We got Friday night pricing on a Saturday.  Their price is extremely reasonable.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aston Oaks is very nice, and pretty reasonable for the amount of people you have attending.... Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Southgate community center can be used for the ceremony and the reception, you just have to find an officiant.

Also, Asbury United Methodist Church in Highland Heights is beautiful and plenty big enough for your guest list. (I'm a little biased...:))

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to suggest Ivy hills Country Club- gorgeous venue for ceremony & reception, great & affordable packages! Judy Patrick is the event coordinator. Look them up on facebook or google them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You might try the Sem Villa Chapel in Milford for your ceremony (last I heard it was $500 with half {!!} of that returned after the decorations are removed).  So that would leave you a good amount to throw at your reception.  Here's the address of a Knot article on budget weddings (it seems you've already taken some of the author's advice).  It might give you some ideas for a budget reception.  GL and let us know how you make out.
    http://wedding.theknot.com/wedding-planning/wedding-budget/articles/cheap-wedding-in-cincinnati-ohio.aspx 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    From experience Aston Oaks is AMAZING.  I just got married there May 7th.   Lindsey is awesome and the value for the money is fantastic.  I loved that their published prices included all services charges and gratuities.  When I looked at places I hated having to tack on at least 20% to their prices.  I'd recommend Aston Oaks in a minute.  We loved it and had an awesome wedding.  Hopefully you feel the same way when you visit.  Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    airair44airair44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Also, look into beckett ridge country club.  Some of the girls on here suggested it to me and it looked great but we went with Voice of America Park because you could bring in your own caterer.  Also, try the Mulhauser barn in west chester.  Looks amazing and the knotties love it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Elements. I went to a wedding at the Sharonville location and it was really nice. They did a really nice job decorating so it didn't look like a banquet center at all! My friends had a $10,000 budget and did the ceremony and reception there, but also had a photo booth, chocolate fountain, cool lighting & DJ, so you could probably make it work there on your budget! There are hotels really close by too. There is also a special coupon you can use to save like $2000.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Would you consider an outdoor wedding??
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards