New York-Western

Reviews Wanted: Village Desserts in Williamsville

Hi everyone,

I am signed up to go to one of the $99 wedding cake events at Village Desserts - has anyone had wedding cake from there?  The $99 deal seems too good to pass up, even if the cake is just "okay".  Anyone have experience to share????

Re: Reviews Wanted: Village Desserts in Williamsville

• quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help but I'd like to know more.  What do you have to do to get a $99 cake?  How big is the cake?
    Married 10/2/10
  • edited December 2011

i booked village desserts to do my cake, we got the $99 dollar cake and an additional half sheet cake for $59. i went with my mom and we both though the cake was DELICIOUS. it's a three tiered cake that feeds 100 people. the half sheet cake feeds another 50 i believe. its a really good deal and they're really organized when you go to sign up...they have books with designs in them to choose from but im pretty sure you can also choose youre own design if you have something in mind...

• edited December 2011
    quoteqeen~
    you have to sign up on their website, www.villagedesserts.com. the registration period is open right now, and you sign up for one of the two tastings, jan 19 or jan 26.  you have to book the cake and pay in full at the tasting you go to in order to get the $99 cake that feeds 100 people, and you can purchase additional cake at $1 per person. it's only valid for weddings that take place in 2010.
  • jeneric10jeneric10 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also bought the $99 cake, you get either white, chocolate or half and half for the whole cake, but you get a filling if you want.  The cake is round only and three tiers, but you can choose any design you want.  I couldn't pass up the deal! 
  • edited December 2011
    I also got my cake at village desserts.  Everyone loved it.  And you're right, you can't pass up the $99 cake.  I got chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling.  
  • mbrozekmbrozek member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We got a $99 cake from Village Desserts, and it was perfect.  When you go in, be sure to ask what options you can pick- they try to kind of steer you towards the standard fillings.  After asking about other choices, we picked a white cake with raspberry mousse filling. It was absolutely delicious. 

• edited December 2011
    Update: I went to the event and loved it! My cake is booked, 175 people for $204 (includes an extra $30 for delivery since my location is beyond their standard free delivery area).  Even with the extra charge, what a deal!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that I found this - I have been signing up for the tasting events for this $99 deal but keep putting it off thinking theres some sort of catch.  I'm glad to hear from multiple people that the cake is good.  I will definately be attending the next one that is coming up in March!
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my cake from here too! We got a white cake with raspberry mousse filling. I loved it because the filling wasn't too fruity. It's delicious! We sat down and designed our own cake and they are matching the color exactly to our colors from David's Bridal. All I had to do was bring swatches :)

I would definitely advise you to show up to the event early. I got there around 6:30 and stood in line for almost a half hour before even registering on the clip board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards