Colorado-Denver
Options

first dance!!!

Just out of curiosity.... what song are you guys doing as ur first dance???? I liked 'I finally found someone' by Bryan Adams and Barbra Streisand but FI voted No, No No.. so that one is no longer an option. My new favorite is The One by Elton John... any other ideas?

Re: first dance!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We weren't going to do a first dance, but then I changed my mind to do a partial first dance, and then have others join! LOL  Our song is I Could Not Ask for More by Edwin McCain.  :-)  I'm walking down the aisle to Lost in this Moment by Big & Rich, although that was also something I was thinking of using as our first dance song! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing At Last by Etta James, and asking others to join us because I'd rather not make everyone stand around and stare at us dancing.  I'll be enlisting a few friends in advance to make sure they get out there and dance with us.
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we're going to do Al Green's Let's stay together :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    JessieR933JessieR933 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're in my heart~ Rod Stewart
    Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with you bczican77 and kellygrozs, I can not see myself dancing for 6 minutes and having people staring at us all the time!
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:59b4ad85-69b9-4f5c-9d07-86855d11eca2Post:7a1508cf-96b1-4ef8-9b11-f398981254d8">Re: first dance!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with you bczican77 and kellygrozs, I can not see myself dancing for 6 minutes and having people staring at us all the time!
    Posted by paolavaldes[/QUOTE]

This is why I took time lapse into consideration when choosing a song!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    paolavaldespaolavaldes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know!! but I have been having such a hard time choosing a song and the one I happened to like its 6 minutes long!! Can't  help it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha... yeah.  First off, how boring is it to sit there and watch 2 people dance?? LOL  Second off, we'll be dancing like a couple middle schoolers, LOL!  I don't want to have people watch that too long! LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_first-dance?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:59b4ad85-69b9-4f5c-9d07-86855d11eca2Post:c13ed45c-e883-4029-b5b3-cafcd3f2d975">Re: first dance!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahaha... yeah.  First off, how boring is it to sit there and watch 2 people dance?? LOL  Second off, we'll be dancing like a couple middle schoolers, LOL!  I don't want to have people watch that too long! LOL
    Posted by bczican77[/QUOTE]
    Exactly!
  • Options
    Scheergrl04Scheergrl04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a few in mind- "To make you feel my love" by Adele, or "when you got a good thing" by Lady Antebellum, or "I'm yours" by Jason Mraz (acoustic version).  We love music and dancing, and I think it's sweet to watch a first dance.  After all, your guests are there to watch you guys, and how much in love you are :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hbay24hbay24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We finally decided on a first dance song! We're dancing to "Everything" by Michael Buble. I think I'll be walking down the aisle to "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards