July 2012 Weddings
Options

to follow up on my bridesmaid dress question from last week.....

my MOH and i are going shopping on saturday to finally pick out the bridesmaid dresses!! my questions are:

what brand is the bridesmaid dress that you chose for your girls?
did you order from a local boutique/bridal store, or did you order online?
if you ordered online, is there a particular web retailer you would recommend?
(I have seen some good prices on various bridal websites but some of them made me nervous and i wondered if anyone had personal experience with any of them).
finally, does anyone have recommendations for a great brand/designer that has a pretty metallic grey fabric?

i have a very specific image in my mind of the fabric and sheen that i would like my girls to wear but haven't seen much of it - especially not for under $200. so if anyone has recommendations i would very much appreciate it!!

Re: to follow up on my bridesmaid dress question from last week.....

• Options
    what brand is the bridesmaid dress that you chose for your girls? - Bill Levkoff
    did you order from a local boutique/bridal store, or did you order online? - local boutique
    finally, does anyone have recommendations for a great brand/designer that has a pretty metallic grey fabric?- I can't remember who the designer was, but it was either After Six, Bill Levkoff, or one of the Jasmine lines that had a pretty gunmetal shimmery fabric.  Those are the labels we came across the most when shopping.

Good luck!  Can't wait to see what you guys pick out.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

Brand: Bill Levkoff
    Local or online:  online from a local store's website (thewasonline.com)

Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    what brand is the bridesmaid dress that you chose for your girls? - Impressions
    did you order from a local boutique/bridal store, or did you order online? - local boutique
    fabric-tafetta
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Brand: Bill Levkoff
    Where?: Local store. The place I got my dress gave us all discounts if we get everything there.
    As for color, ask for swatches. I didn't really look at the greys, since I knew I wanted purple, But every store had tons of color swatches for every brand they carried. That way you get to see it in person, not just online where things may look different.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I ended up choosing my girls dresses from Alfred Angelo and i got them wear I bought my dress at a Alfred Angelo Store. I thing I liked about AA is that the dresses aren't dyed from a certain dyelot as most dresses do so my girls could order their dresses at any time on their own and the colors would always be the same no matter what.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Well, I was in a special circumstance for ordering BM dresses since I am living outside the U.S. but all my girls are in the U.S. It kind of made it so ordering online was the only option for us. Since the girls can't try on the dresses ahead of time, we are going with the "infinity" convertible dresses. They are basically one size fits all (except for length) and each girl can tie it up the way she chooses.

what brand is the bridesmaid dress that you chose for your girls? henkaa
    did you order from a local boutique/bridal store, or did you order online? online
    if you ordered online, is there a particular web retailer you would recommend? we are ordering from henkaa.com
    finally, does anyone have recommendations for a great brand/designer that has a pretty metallic grey fabric? not sure if it would work for you, but henkaa has a nice gray: http://shop.henkaa.com/products/sakura-convertible-short-dress-charcoal-grey
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Designer: Bill Levkoff
    Ordered: Online
    Through: Houseofbrides.com; I would definitely recommend them. My BM dresses have not come in yet, (not til May!) but we used this site in a friends wedding this past summer. 
    I dont think Bill Levkoff has the right gray for you, but houseofbrides has a large selection of different designers- someone else might be closer. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alfred Angelo
    Local store
    They may have gray/silver colored dress- you can see their dresses online too!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    My BMs ordered Jasmine Belsoie dresses from a local boutique. The fabric of the dress is charmesue and the color is Victorian. It's a shimmery silvery purple. The dress came out to about $150 with a discount. I would recommend going to a local store and looking at swatches. I think it will give you a better idea of fabric and color. I think it's hard to judge colors online! GL!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Ours are from DB. They were $159 full price, but they get $20 off because I got my dress there. Now they are $129 and they don't get the discount because the are already on sale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    edited January 2012

We're going with JCrew. They are oftentimes on sale, but the color selection is limited. I was just happy that I liked their color options. They do have a silvery grey color that I think is very pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My girls ordered through David's Bridal.  It worked out the best because their prices were low ($99) and there are tons around so everyone could order at whatever store they wanted.  I didn't look at grey's but I bet they have some.

Anniversary
  • Options
    We're going with DaVinci and ordering through RK Bridal out of New York. If my bridesmaids ordered them here even getting a discount because I bought my dress there it was going to be $188 and through RK it's $130 with free shipping. I can't really remember any designers with a pretty metalic silver because I went in looking for purple or navy. I'd ask to see swatches to see who might and then look at the dresses that designer carries.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Untitled
    image 218 Invited image 130 Are ready to party!! image 79 Are missing out. :(image 10 Are making me wait. :(
  • Options
    Jasmine: Belsoie  $185 in a salon
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards