Missouri-Kansas City
Options

QOTD 7/31

Share your ceremony/reception venue with us and then tell us what was the deciding factor(s)?? 

Re: QOTD 7/31

• Options
    Good question! I'm having my ceremony and reception at the Sheraton Overland Park. This was one of the few places that could accommodate my vision of separate cocktail space, separate ceremony space and separate reception space so that was a big plus. Also knowing that many of our guests are OOT we thought it would be easier to have as much in one place as possible. Other pluses, there coordinator has been great to work with and I really liked their ballrooms. They have great menu options and the food was realllly good at our tasting. We will see how I feel in a few weeks at my wedding but so far I've been pleased!
  • Options
    Club 1000 downtown: Most of our guests are out of town, so we wanted somewhere central. Also, I would NOT settle for a windowless space. Club 1000 is a modern, blank slate for us to work with!

So far, we haven't had any issues with the owners. We are very happy with our choice!
  • Options
    The Scottish Rite Temple of Kansas City...GORGEOUS venue and willing to work with us to be within our budget!!  Plenty of space for however many guests decide to show up and we get to support an organization that works hard to contribute to great charities and causes.
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We chose Californo's for our ceremony & reception venue. Their package was a great deal & I liked that fact that there were lots of hotels within walking distance, since we'll have lots of guests flying in from out of town. So far they have been excellent to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The Pavilion in Shawnee here.  It was a great location where I could have everything I wanted in one place for a good price. Also the darker atmosphere will help to capture the "Midnight Enchanted Garden Forest" image I wanted.
    Kelly
  • Options
    Peeper Ranch in Lenexa KS. We chose it because we wanted someplace where we could have the ceremony outside and reeption inside, with not a lot of street traffic/noise. This place has a beautiful outdoor space, nice gazebo next to a big pond with fountains and horses off on the distance. It is a lot of land, off the street, no street traffic. The reception area is unique and I like that. Best of all they are ewasy to work with, they don't have crazy strict rules and the cost was only $1,000! They only do one event per weekend, so you can have the rehersal Friday, wedding Saturday and just have to have it cleaned up by Monday morning when they come in. They've been really easy going so far. This was a huge plus/relief for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards