Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Intentions/Vows/Candle/Rings/Wha...?

I'm confused!  We have 90% written/chosen for what we are reading, what our officiant is saying etc for our ceremony, but I'm just not clear about how all the pieces fit together, and what order they should be in...
As of now, it goes like this - Intentions = she asks us some questions and we say I do, then we do the vows which we repeat, promising to be faithful etc, then she does a ring blessing, we repeat a separate ring vow as we put the rings on, then do the candle lighting...
Should the intentions come before vows, or vice versa?  Should we do rings before or after vows?  Shoud the candle come last?
Something about it all seems out of order to me, but I'm not sure what?
How are you brides doing it?
TIA!

Re: Intentions/Vows/Candle/Rings/Wha...?

• Options
    We did it the order you have it already: intentions, vows, rings, candle.

Intentions are an intro to the ceremony. The two of you declare that you are there to be married..

The vows are your promises to each other. This is the actually getting married part.

The rings and candle are symbols of you getting married so they come after the vows.
  • Options
    Intentions before vows.  Rings usually come after vows (or sometimes during).  The candle would come at the end, I think.  
    DSC_9275
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards