Delaware
Options

How long are you waiting...?

How long are you and DH/FI waiting to try for kids once you tie the knot?  Is there a reason why you are waiting?  Why you didn't wait?  Any other comments on the whole topic?

This came up while talking with my pastor one day, and he and his wife waited 9 years to have kids (they were married at 23).  The way he explained it, makes perfect sense, but when you have the baby bug waiting seems so hard!

Just thought I would see what you ladies thought on it all!

Re: How long are you waiting...?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll probably wait a little over a year to start trying, hoping to have one a little after 2 years.  We're planning on moving south to be closer to our families right after the wedding and starting completely from scratch in a new place so adding a baby to that would NOT be fun :)  We'll wait until we're a little more settled, but we both want to be fairly young still when we have kid(s).
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

We'll probably start trying within a year.  A month after the wedding, I'll be turning 31 and him 32.  If we want to have a few kids, and not have them right on top of each other, we should probably start sooner than later.  Also, my FI is a paraplegic and we're not quite sure of the effects that may play in his ability to have children, so any medical intervention needed could also take some time.

• Options
    RogueQueenRogueQueen member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have decided not to have children. We have exactly the same views on this issue and have had them since we met, one of the reasons we fell in love and knew we were right for each toher :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're waiting a few years before kids.  I'll admit that its for selfish reasons (career, traveling, saving money, etc.) but that's ok.  I do not have the baby bug at all!  Then again, I'll be 28 and FI 29 when we get marriend this summer, so we dont want to wait too long either.
  • Options
    Mattsbride10Mattsbride10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted my honeymoon even though we jumped the gun. We'd like to give Alex a little bro/sis but after thats all said and done we are done for a looooong time. It's tough raising my son especailly when I have no one to help me. If you have alot of supportive friends and family I think it makes it that much easier.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'd like to wait at least 3-4 years, and we are not sure if we will ever be able to have any children--we are both 26 and want to be a bit older/established before we even try. There are so many things we'd like/need to do first. We have a lot of travelling, job changes, house renovations and my DH has to have an orthopedic surgery performed. My parents waited 8 years to have their first child.

I'd say neither of us have the baby bug but we both love interacting with my BFFs infant son.

Beth
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted for 2 years, but it's more like 18 months.  We originally wanted to wait 2 years, but with my endometriosis and family history of miscarriages, I figured it might take awhile and I'd like to be done having kids by the time I'm 29, so we're going to start trying a little earlier.  I have the baby itch SO bad.  Working in a pediatric office isn't helping matters :/
    *Lauren*
    Married Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been married almost 6 months now, and I want to start trying now, however DH has in his head to wait a few more months.  I'm 33 and DH is almost 40.  I don't want to be preggers when i'm 40 so now is the time.  I also have PCOS which is a concern, so the sooner we try to better we'll know if we can conceive at all. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dave and I had kids before getting married, but we don't have any together.  I want to wait at least 3 years.  We're not financially ready right now.  I was starting to get baby fever big time after Jackie's baby shower, but getting a new puppy cured that fast!  I'm so focused on her right now I can't even think about another child, lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted 2 years... I am going to be 30 in November and FI is going to be 29. We just recently decided that we do want children and but for right now we have our neices to keep the bug away.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards