Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Videographer worth it?

Hey ladies! For those of you that hired a videographer, was it worth it?

FI and I are already using an amazing photographer and never thought to book a videographer until a couple we double date with told us how happy they were that they had footage of their wedding day.

I found one that's well within budget, but I'm gun shy. So, videographer. Yay or Nay? Explain?

*edited to fix my glaring title typo!!

Re: Videographer worth it?

• I voted "No regrets," but it didn't cost us extra to have a video of our ceremony because that was part of our package.

I do wish, though, that I had a video of the reception.  My brother gave an awesome speech and I can't remember all of it now.  I don't know if I would have a video of the whole day, but I think it's worth it for the key moments.
  • def worth it to have a video,we didnt pay for one my dad's gf's brother did it for us at no charge,but its awsome to look back on and rem all the "special" moments.
  • OMG yes!!! Our video is one of our favorite things from our wedding hands down! It was so great to re-live it and laugh and people dancing.... we love our video so much. I would never not think of getting one! 

• We didn't have a professional nor did our photographer offer it, but H's Aunt videotaped the entire ceremony and a lot of reception until the battery died. It was so wonderful, I am really glad we have it. She did a great job editing it and even making the different scenes, etc.

Even if you can't afford professional, ask a family member to do it for you. Something is better than nothing and then having regrets later on.
  • Unbeknownst to me my friend recorded the vows, speeches & first dances -- its not amazing quality but I am glad I have it. I really didn't want another person in my face all day -- the photographer was enough. If you can find someone to just do your ceremony, speeches, & first dances I'd do that but everything else I didn't need a video of -- pictures were enough.
    Photobucket
  • Definitely worth it! We didn't even notice they were there!
    Anniversary
  • I don't think it is worth the money. FI and I are not going to have  videographer. We figured we would watch the video when we got home from our honeymoon, then again on our 1yr anniversary, then maybe once more on our 10yr anniversary. Then it gets packed away never to be seen again. No thanks.
  • Just talked with my FI about this, last week.  After reading these posts, he's officially OVERRULED!  Video=a must!

142 Ready To Celebrate! image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We'll be having a family member or friend do video. I think it something I'll want for the memories, but it's not in my budget, so I'm ok with going for lower quality and just having someone do it casually.
  • We never had a videographer... and relatives that came did ours, it was great without a professional one.  I mean to say, this video, how many times are you going to view it after the fact?  Or is it for those that couldn't attend?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • I was able to find an affordable one, thanks to a recommendation from a Knottie on my local board.  It will be a couple of months before I see the finished product (just got married 3 days ago), but whatever moments he captured, I don't think I will regret having the video since the day went by sooo fast!
  • It is worth having someone do it for free.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards