March 2012 Weddings
Options

St. Patrick's weekend brides

Hi ladies- I'm new to the board. My name is Melissa, and my fiance and I just got engaged on Christmas Eve at Cinderella's castle restaurant in Disney World. We decided on St. Patrick's weekend for our wedding, and ending up picking Friday night because of the amazing deal we got for our reception.

I've just started planning, and I'm wondering what other brides have picked for their St. Patty's weddings. Obviously green is a main color, but what are your secondary colors? Any ideas of how to incorporate St. Patrick's/Irish influences for the reception without putting leprechauns and rainbows all over the room? It's great to be part of the group!

Melissa
March 2012 Brides- August Siggy
imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: St. Patrick's weekend brides

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Hello All!

My fiance and I are also planning a St. Patrick's Day wedding!  Given that we are both Irish and met at an Irish pub, it was just too perfect a date to pass up! 

Our colors are going to be emerald green and black with lavendar/purple accents since heather grows in Ireland and is somewhat lavendar/purple.  And I'm desperately trying to find some emerald green shoes (screw the Irish superstition that brides shouldn't wear green on their wedding day!)

We've selected an Irish inspired Menu for dinner with items such as Smithwicks Irish Cheddar soup (yumm!), Blarney Stone Oysters, Shepherds Pie, and we're hoping to have green beer, Guinness, and Irish coffee.  Found a Bailey's Chocolate Mint Martini recipe that I'm thinking about using as a signature drink for the evening if our budget allows it!

Our decor for the Reception is going to be very whimsical with lots of white lights, candles, ivy hanging from chandeliers, and large lanterns as centerpieces surrounded by moss, stones, etc.  And we've opted to have each table named after a different Irish Castle instead of giving them table numbers ;)  We are going to print pictures of the different castles on vellum in black & white and affix them inside the glass on the lanterns so they glow. 

Still brainstorming on other ideas but so far, we're very excited.  I'd say we all picked a great weekend to throw a party!  ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one with so much planned/thought out with a little less than 11 months to go!  We weren't sure how popular a date this would be so we started booking everything early.  Can't wait to hear other ideas!  Good luck planning, ladies!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards