Ohio-Columbus
Options

day after brunch/lunch ideas

Some of the family weddings that I've been to have hosted small brunch/lunch casual get togethers the day after the wedding. I'm thinking about planning something like this for my out of town family. Has anyone done this or have any suggestions regarding anything in columbus? I'd like to keep it as cheap (but as delicious) as possible. TIA!

Re: day after brunch/lunch ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i would check at your hotel first. sometimes they have on-site restaurants.
    also, i've heard that some people just have a little get together at the complimentary breakfast at the hotel (a bit cheap IMO but it could work if set up right). 

i vote for inviting people to swing by a suite (perhaps your parents' suite rather than you and your new hubs suite) where your family provides bagels and fruit and coffee (think panera - less than $100).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MissOwl, check with the hotel first.  If you can swing it, do you have enough room to have it your/his parents house?  We're doing a brunch at my parents house and so my mom doesn't have to cook, she's going to get food catered from someone my wedding planner knows.
    Sorry I can't be of any help on any cheap but good restaurants.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're having a brunch on Sunday after the wedding.  Actually, we're renting a beautiful space and we're re-serving the wedding food not consumed that the caterer is letting us bring home.  Our guests are only close family and we're about not wasting.  It's the most responsible and economical you can get.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards