Just Engaged and Proposals

Engaged last week!

My apologies if this turns out to be a long post...

So... my fiance and I finally got engaged last week!  We had known for nearly a year and a half that we were "The One" for each other, but were waiting to make it official, due to him moving on from his entry-level job and moving up in his career to something more permanent, and we wanted to wait until I was closer to finishing my degree.

We went to pick out a ring on Dec. 10th and I chose a beautiful white gold ring with a round center diamond and a cluster of three smaller settings on either side.  Love it!  He had told me that he intended to propose before the end of the year, and I also knew that the ring was due back from resizing on the 23rd, so I had this window of time in which I knew the proposal would happen, and I guessed that it would be shortly after Christmas.  And he knew he had to be clever with his timing of the proposal in order to catch me off guard!  He picked up the ring on the 23rd while I made myself busy by shopping in a nearby store, and we then came home.  We had had a repair man over that morning to fix our washing machine, and we had pulled our bikes out of the laundry room and into the kitchen so that he would have more room to work on the repair, but we had yet to put them back after he left.  FI knew that the out-of-place bikes would bug me (I like to have an un-cluttered house!) and he knew that I would want to put them away as soon as we got home.  Sure enough, he was right... we walked in the door, and I went to put the bikes back in the laundry room and it took me a few minutes to get them back in place.  He knew this would buy him some time, and had hurried into the bedroom to pull the ring out of the box and hide it in his hand before coming back in to the living room to wait for me.  I walked in, and went to over to give him a hug.  He looked down at me, smiled, and said "it's time!"  At first I didn't know what he meant, but I then realized what he was about to do and my jaw dropped and I instantly started to tear up!  He poured his heart out to me, told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, and got down on one knee, asking if I would marry him.  I said yes, just as I always told him I would!  We stood in the middle of our living room, hugging each other for a good 10 minutes, overjoyed that we were finally engaged.  He told me that he gave it a lot of thought as we were driving home earlier, and decided to ask me as soon as we got home because he just couldn't wait any longer, and that it was the perfect time because I wasn't expecting it to happen that very day.
I love how he did the proposal in our own home.  It was so personal and down-to-earth... so "us."
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Engaged last week!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards