Flowers

Black Eyed Susans

Lisa50Lisa50 member
5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment

Is anyone on this board familiar with Black Eyed Susans?  Our wedding is planned for July 2011, in an historic Annapolis inn.  Since Black Eyed Susans are the Maryland State Flower,  I thought it might be nice to incorporate them into our floral scheme.

We plan to have centerpieces (8), a bouquet and boutonnieres, a wreath for the door of the inn and, perhaps, small arrangements for the bar.  Oh, yeah, and we'll likely have flowers decorating the wedding canopy.

Any suggestions for the best way to incorporate Black Eyed Susans??

Re: Black Eyed Susans

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any recommendations, but I just planted some of these in my garden a few months ago and they are BEAUTIFUL right about now! Good luck!
  • tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Lisa 50. You mentioned this in another post answering an English Garden question because your FI wants roses.  I don't know if you read my post, but I suggested mixing the black eyed susans with yellow roses (goldstrike roses).  My MOH will be carrying a bouquet of Goldstrike roses and yellow daisies.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_black-eyed-susans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:cd7bac6c-aa51-44b7-9e8b-ea54a97e9390Post:4e3be196-aff9-4dae-8e6a-1bf7efc504c8">Re: Black Eyed Susans</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't have any recommendations, but I just planted some of these in my garden a few months ago and they are BEAUTIFUL right about now! Good luck!
    Posted by kmcg8r[/QUOTE]

Good to know, thanks!  That means they should be still going strong at the beginning of July.  Yay!
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_black-eyed-susans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:cd7bac6c-aa51-44b7-9e8b-ea54a97e9390Post:8c52ffb7-fce1-4b28-ab24-3a165914cff3">Re: Black Eyed Susans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Lisa 50. You mentioned this in another post answering an English Garden question because your FI wants roses.  I don't know if you read my post, but I suggested mixing the black eyed susans with yellow roses (goldstrike roses).  My MOH will be carrying a bouquet of Goldstrike roses and yellow daisies.
    Posted by tldh[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this ... I remember your post (and my response), but then couldn't find the original post/board.  LOL!! 
  • gaharvardgaharvard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Treat the Black Eyed Susans as you would daisies -- they are lovely combined with off white flowers (ranunculus, roses, etc.) You can also combine them with filler flowers -- Queen Anne's Lace, baby's breath, etc.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_flowers_black-eyed-susans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:28Discussion:cd7bac6c-aa51-44b7-9e8b-ea54a97e9390Post:209d6b47-fd95-44ed-bc47-1c632abe860c">Re: Black Eyed Susans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Treat the Black Eyed Susans as you would daisies -- they are lovely combined with off white flowers (ranunculus, roses, etc.) You can also combine them with filler flowers -- Queen Anne's Lace, baby's breath, etc.
    Posted by gaharvard[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow!  That's an idea I'd not thought of.  Hmm ... thank you.  Now its on to the next task, finding a florist.  Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards