Nevada-Las Vegas

Veil?

What are peoples thoughts on veils? I can't decide if I want one or not, or get a pretty headpeice or both? I've found a few affordable veils on etsy but being that I'd only wear it for the ceremony and pics I'm trying to decide if it's work the money.  I love the look of those head band thingys but they're a bit more money. and I wonder if both would be a bit too much?

Re: Veil?

• I love veils and am wearing one for aslong as I am in my dress. A lot of people wear a veil for ceremony only and then change to a flower or something. I don't think both are to much at all. I vote veil for sure.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wearing a veil for the ceremony because its the only real request my mom has made. I want to wear a ribbon headband of some sort so I'm hoping to try to find a way to make both work. I plan to take it off for the reception probably.
  • HiltonsgirlHiltonsgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These days, a veil is not "required." But for ME personally, what makes a bride a bride, is a veil and a train. (no disrespect to anyone who has chosen not to wear these 2 aspects. Just my personal feelings) Ive purchased a side accent headband, AND a veil. I plan to remove the veil after ceremony/photos and just have the pretty headband on for the remainder of the night. I agree though, spending money on something I will not wear the entire day was something that crossed my mind--even though I saved a boat load of money on my gown! I lucked out, and found a wholesale bridal supply site online. I believe it is for bridal salons, (they post suggested retail price along with wholesale price) however, you can purchase just one of something! I got BOTH my veil and crystal headband for $100! Check it out--maybe you'll see something you like at a great price. Good luck! www.weddingfactorydirect.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hilton, thanks for the site!

I'm wearing a veil and some hair clips or flowers.  I always loved the idea of my dad lifting my veil at my wedding.  And a veil is supposed to keep away bad spirits.  I'll wear the veil for the ceremony and some strip pictures, then just the flowers or clips for the rest of the evening.
  • My wife wore her mother's veil that she wore 30 years ago at her wedding; it had been preserved.  So the money you spend may not necessarily just be a one time thing. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• I thought I didn't want one at first but then my BFF, who came dress shopping with me, asked me to try one on, she wasn't too sure I knew what I was doing :)... she was right, I loved how I looked with a veil on and grew fonder of the idea of wearing one. In the end I bought two and wore the blusher. If anything, try on a few styles before you make a decision, it's going to be fun!
  • I didn't plan on a veil at first, but after my dress came in I decided it would really complete the look. It's a personal thing- I think
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • If you're really worried about money, you can get a super plain veil at Michaels or Hobby Lobby-- I got a double-tier 70" long (about elbow length) for maybe 20 bucks. It's good enough for me!
  • definate yes. jut try it and see how it makes you feel. makes for lovely prictures too!! u can always take it off and wear your headband for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker MRS WRIGHT TO BE :)
  • I wish I could have worn my mother's her's would have looked beautiful with my dress, but in my younger years I thought it looked old and I'd never want to wear it (how foolish we can be in our younger years) so she got rid of it. I've actually found some inexpensive ones on etsy.  I love the catherdral length, tried one on at the dress shop with my dress and it was gorgeous, it's the headband's that are expensive but I love that look!.  I might check with my hair dresses and see what she thinks would look best with what she can do.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards