September 2012 Weddings

What are you working on now?

Well ladies, now that we've all said 'I do' what projects are you working on next?
Anyone house hunting? Babies? Back to school?

We're inthe process of figuring out what order to do a couple things right now. DH wants to go get some more papers for his trade and then might be switching jobs. Trying to decide whether to start house hunting, or wait until that all shakes down and he knows where he's going to be employed. The problem with waiting too long is that we'll be in a mad rush house hunting because we currently live on site at his current job, so when he quits we'll have to move.

Re: What are you working on now?

• Right now I think our main focus is all career based.  We are also starting the process of saving more for a house.  I also just want to focus on being around for friends and family more now.  I felt like with saving for the wedding and having things to do nearly every weekend (towards the end) that I sort of pushed everyone aside, but not in a mean way... there just wasn't time or money for a lot of extra things.  I'm just looking forward to getting back to "normal" with my H :)

He called me "wife" today and that was so weird.  Even more weird is I hate the word "wife."
  • We are working on a number of things.... Changing over my name, combining auto insurance, writing thank you cards, getting the house back into order and cleaned, halloween costumes and hopefully the gym. Everyone keeps thinking we will have down time but so far we haven't. This Monday is our one month anniversary so maybe by this time in November things will settle down.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited October 2012
    I have my Masters degree in social work and I've finished my supervision hours, so now I need to take the exam to get my full license. Husband is applying for graduate school in Mechanical/Biomedical engineering. So we'll see where our careers take us! 

Edit: I put Fiance instead of husband, whoops!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The house is almost back in order, and we're starting some projects on the upstairs bedrooms- stripping wallpaper and painting, and moving to a different bedroom (big old house w/ 5 bedrooms- going to occupy a different one for awhile). Need to sort out insurance and that stuff. About half of my name change stuff is done. About halfway through TY cards (had SUCH good momentum that first week, then 2 very busy weeks at work = nada). Easing back into working out.  The goalie has been pulled, as well, so that's a project. ;) I'm starting a job search as well, need to get off night shift and that won't happen where I am for a year or more.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel like the things I wanna get done and out of the way, I'm waiting on someone else for.
    I'd like to get going on Thank you cards, but need my photos to order them and haven't gotten those from the photographer yet.
    To change your name you need your marriage certificate... well here in Ontario you have to wait like 10 weeks for your wedding to be registered, then another like 5 weeks to get the marriage certificate... so much for getting that done! lol
  • edited October 2012
    I need to start the whole name change thing too, but its so confusing! I used up all my brain power for the wedding! lol DH and I have also been unpacking, testing, and finding new homes in our home for all of our new stuff. Hont: We have a tiny 1br apartment. Yeah... =/

DH just got a promotion at work so that's great for us! I think we plan to just kind of chill for this winter. I'm gathering some recipes to try out (I'm not a big cook so I want to start that up especially with all of our new kitchen gear!). In the spring time we want to start up out trips together again. We would always take trips, even if it was just a weekend getaway, but those were on the back burner for awhile.

No kids for us and, with the promotion, our house hunting will be delayed for 2-4 years. Oh well.
  • Ya, I miss the weekend getaways and stuff like that, we used to do that a lot and that's coming back into our lives again!
  • I've got to finish the name change process - I got the SS card, but I have to fly down to Florida to get a new drivers license (as a military family, we can keep residency wherever we've established it, so we're clinging to Florida residency even though we don't live there right now - it's got no state income tax!) so that's on hold for a bit.  I do get my military dependent ID card tomorrow!  After I have that, I can change my credit cards and bank and such since I will have a government issued ID in my new name.

My husband is waiting on military orders - he'll go active duty the beginning of November, so we'll be moving but we don't know where yet.  We'll get settled, and I'll start writing a book!  Then we'll start thinking of trying for a baby.  We're not really taking precautions right now, so it could happen - but we won't try charting & timing things right until probably next summer if it doesn't happen before then.

Anniversary

• Right now we're working on unpacking and organizing all the wedding presents!  The kitchen has been a nightmare cause it was already too small for the stuff we had.  But it's finally coming together.  Then I want to clean up all the wedding stuff, and DH and I need to find me a new car asap!  At some point in there I'll start name change process.

So In Love

Josh and Renata's Wedding

Planning Bio

• 1. Figuring out the name change issue!
    2. Figuring out where these gifts are going!
    3. Deciding what to do with our current furniture.
    4. Both of us searching for new jobs.
  • We moved into our new house about 4 weeks before the wedding.  It was a foreclosure and needed some work but we were mentally and financially in wedding mode so just made it livable.  On Monday though, the day after we got back from our HM we were greeted by 3 problems:
    -ants in our kitchen (it is that time of the year here in FL and unavoidablebut gross nonetheless)
    - our second shower tiles literally crashing to the floor from the wall (making us scared to use the other shower too)
    - my transmission acting up in my 10 year old car

So the marriage related stuff I'm working on is changing my name (mailed off for my marriage license but waiting for the copies) and thank you notes (haven't started yet though I got what few early presents we got done before the wedding).  House related- we talked to one contractor yesterday and will meet another next week to at least get us an operating shower.  Due to expenses we'll probably just check off one project every few months but we just want to not have to go to my parents' house every night to bathe!  We also need to finally do some yard work to cut down some of the grass and weeds to see if that helps the ant problem a little.  The house in general is also chaotic so I really need to straighten up!  I'm also car shopping and getting my old car cleaned up to sell at auction next week.  And, somewhere in here I'm working on my grad school app which I want submitted by the end of the month hopefully!  I feel less stressed with the wedding done but goodness I have a lot to do. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards