New York-Long Island

in search for a venue

Hi,
My FI and I are looking for a place to have a ceremony and reception all in one place. We have between 100-150 people and are wanting to keep it between 15k and 20k at the max! Are there any places that this is even possible??? We are willing to go out to LI if we have to. Queens would be ideal though. We want to do a cocktail hour and dinner. Thanks for your help!

Re: in search for a venue

• maybe on a thursday night in the winter.....but for that many people with everything i think you'll have a tough time.
    have you gone to see any placeS?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_in-search-for-a-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:aa493544-2376-484e-9ffc-650d89a6c955Post:eb6831f7-6705-410b-a809-4335e3b8e331">in search for a venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, My FI and I are looking for a place to have a ceremony and reception all in one place. We have between 100-150 people and are wanting to keep it between 15k and 20k at the max! Are there any places that this is even possible??? We are willing to go out to LI if we have to. Queens would be ideal though. We want to do a cocktail hour and dinner. Thanks for your help!
    Posted by nicolelee202[/QUOTE]

hey! FI and I are getting married at Harbor Links Country Club in port washington, ceremony and reception are there. We are having 150 people and it is 17,500 after tax and service charges for everything. That is not including all vendors like flowers, photography, dj, and everything. It only includes the venue, ceremony space, food, unlimited drinks, cake, etc. We are getting married on a friday evening in june. Saturday the prices are higher. Check it out.

friday night $85 pp
    sat night $100 pp
  • Thanks Ladies! We haven't checked out any places yet. We are going to a few places on Sat. We just decided to have the wedding back in NY. Orginally we had planned on having the wedding away back where my FI parents live in Dallas because we thought it would be cheaper. But it is also ALOT harder to plan a wedding so far away. I said since we live in NY and I know nothing about Texas I think it would be easier to haveit here. We have been told to check out Terrace on the Park, Jericho Terrace, Leonard's, and Chateau Briand. Also someone mentioned this place called Verdi's in Westbury. Has anyone ever heard of it??  I haven't found much on it.
  • I threw my engagement party at Dante's. It was sort of like a reception. with dancing and the cake and dj, everything. We payed 35 pp on a Saturday night. from 8-1 am. Buffet style with open bar. They color coordinate the linens and you can add more decor if you want to bring it. they can arrange it. Just make sure if you book them, get everything in writing. they go by the book, and our coordinator was on vacation the day we celebrated but we had decided to start at 8 but he did not write it down so there was a little confusion, but all in all everyone had fun. it was a great night.
  • I am having my reception only at Jericho terrace....I'm have 150 people sat. Night in march 2014.....for the place alone it is about $17,000.00....that does not include flower, DJ, photo....all it includes is food, drinks, cake, and place....hope this is helpful
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look at Lessings properties. 

I am having my reception at the Mansion at Timber Point
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards