Florida-West Coast
Options

NWR: Big Brothers / Big Sisters

Do any of you volunteer in the community? I was thinking about becoming involved in as a Big Sister or maybe even looking into a women's leadership organization. I'd love to hear how you spend your free time out in the community!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NWR: Big Brothers / Big Sisters

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I are a Big Couple!  We love it, with no kids of our own this is a great way for us to give back.
    I am also a member of the Junior League of St. Petersburg, I have been a member for 6 years now.  We do a LOT in the community, it's a fun way to meet other women in the area and volunteer.  Have you heard of Clothes to Kids?  This is our signature project, please check us out www.clothestokids.org
    Please feel free to contact me directly!  Julie Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! One of your drop off for clothing is near my house in Clearwater! :) I have been looking into Junior League, I wasn't sure if it was "for me" but I did do the whole sorority thing in college. It's definitely something I'm interested in learning more about. There is a chapter near my house (Clearwater-Dunedin). I'll PM you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Krystal, I sent you another PM.  I did not do the sorority thing in college and this worried me going into JLSP, but it was rather refreshing the gals in our League are pretty laid back! whew...Cool
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    181 image
    Invited to the Celebration of the Year
    109 Yes image
    50 Missing Out! image
    22 Not Responded Yet image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards