Connecticut

Photographer, check!! Next, DJ....???

So we booked Eric Brushett as our photographer and I'm very excited.  I think we will be very happy with our photos.

Next on the list is the DJ, which I think is just as important since we'll be listening to them all night and they'll be setting the mood of the reception. 

Is it just me or do most of the DJ sites just feel really cheesy wedding?  :-/  I'm sure they aren't that bad, but it's just the vibe I've been getting off a lot of the websites.

I know DJae Melee is a board favorite, can't even say the word DJ without a ton of brides chiming in with his name :-D but sadly he is booked for our date.

Anyone have any other recommendations?  We are already going to meet with Jim from After Hours and Todd from Powerstation in a week.  We might also set up a meeting with Music In Motion.  Any one have experience with these DJs?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer, check!! Next, DJ....???

• We're using Peter Devine, who is also from After Hours. He was reccommended to us by like a friend of a friend, but we liked After Hours because they're not cheesy at all, unless you want them to be.

I went to a wedding this year that used Music in Motion, but I can't remember the DJ. It was OK, but just typical wedding DJ.
    image 312 Invited
    image 182 Are ready to party!
    image 127 Will be missing out!
    image 3 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We used David Rossi from Powerstation (they have a ton of DJs to choose from).  He was very energetic and did a great job keeping people dancing all night- which was impressive since alot of our guests are not dancers.  Definitely recommend him!
    imageAnniversary
  • I'm using Melee myself, but I've also heard really good things about Geoff Pusko from Local Motion Entertainment (he was out of town for our date). 
  • I used melee but I had a bad experience with Todd from Powerstation so I will not recommend him. In a nutshell, he had our date on hold for a few days 15 months before and we met with melee so I emailed Todd and thanked him for his time but we were booking with someone else. Basically his response was unprofessional and put melee down after admitting he didn't know of his work and thought that saving over 1000 wasn't a good enough reason to book with him instead of Powerstation. Sorry this is so jumbled, I'm on my phone.
  • check out www.luvjonz.com, his price ranges from 500-2000. the packages are listed on the site! If you do a weding inquiry let him know roselyn suggested him he may give u a good deal (he's my brother) he will work with you and you can try to compromise with him!
  • We used Jason & Vinny from CT Party Pros for our September wedding and they were fantastic! They had all of our guests dancing, ranging in age from 11 - 90! Definitely worth checking into.

http://ctpartypros.com/
    Anniversary
  • thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

going through all the vendor reviews online is making my head spin!  lol  hard to figure out who is good and who isn't.  which feels rather important for the dj since they sort of set the mood of the reception and you'll be listening to them most of the night.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Music was way up there on our list....I am a music fanatic & we loveddddddd our DJ!!!! We used Richie from Jimmy Dee Music out of White Plains....one word phenomenal! People still rave about them today...the floor was packed all night & made our day that much more amazing! Highly rec! Www.jimmydee.com
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • DJ Harry Gambardella!! Loved him
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards