Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Mandalay Bay Hospitality Suite In-suite Reception

I just got back this week from our wedding and honeymoon! I figured I should post this ASAP to help everyone planning an in-suite reception in Las Vegas. I will tell you right now, it was the BEST wedding ever! I highly recommend an in-suite reception over a standard wedding hall with a sit down dinner and DJs. We had 60 people come, with 40 of them being under 30 years old. Since there were so many people we decided on not doing the Vista Suite and instead booked the Hospitality Suite. The room was large enough to accomodate everyone but small enough that everyone was able to mingle. Throughout all of our planning we were constantly worried that we would end up not being allowed to use outside vendors or bring our own alcohol. That never happened. Everything went exactly as planned and our party lasted from noon until 9pm, when the alcohol ran out!

There were a few things I learned throughout this - The sound system there sounds great but can be difficult to use, so just make sure you figure that out prior to the start, and don't let anyone touch it during the party or it will reset! The dining room table makes a great beer pong and flip cup table! Having the Sky View Suite down the hall was great for storing all the prebought alcohol and decorations. Get the Hosp Suite the night before so that you can have everything setup in advance. Make sure you have money budgetted to tip the maid for the mess the day after (gave $70) and the bellman (Ended up giving $60 for them to unload our car three times, bring it to the SV Suite and then move everything to the Hospitality Suite).

I also posted a video on youtube of a video of the suite setup the night before, as well as a layout I made prior to arriving in Vegas. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KSjvZ-YNas

If anyone has any questions, just ask. I will be glad to help. Happy wedding planning!
I'm Married! I had the best 5 days of my life during my wedding week in Vegas. In-suite Las Vegas wedding receptions are the way to go. :-)

Re: Mandalay Bay Hospitality Suite In-suite Reception

• Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you guys had an amazing time! How far in advance can you book at Mandalay? It seems to be a popular in-suite reception idea (one I've been considering myself). I'm not getting married for about a year and a half, but I was just curious about how far in advance rooms become available, and if I should snatch it up as soon as it's available.
  • Options
    Hi Nikki! CONGRATS!! I'm in the midst of planning my wedding for April 2013 -- I want to bring in my own food (Masterpiece Catering) and my own alcohol. How did you go about doing this without getting "caught" or charged an extra fee? Please help! we're on a budget and could really use the savings :)
  • Options
    Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. I realize your event is next month, so hopefully you have it all planned! I just did what we had planned all along. It was never an issue for us and Masterpiece Cuisine had even said that they have never had an issue. We also had the Sky View Suite where we stored everything and we decided that if some how we got "caught" we would just move all the food in there and have people move back and forth. Luckily nothing bad happened and it all went according to plan. Good luck!

I'm Married! I had the best 5 days of my life during my wedding week in Vegas. In-suite Las Vegas wedding receptions are the way to go. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards