South Carolina

Alterations Help Me!!!

I am about to buy my wedding dress from David’s Bridal and it only needs a few alterations but I have heard horror stories about the alterations department.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Alterations Help Me!!!

• I've heard to just go with a different alterations place (which? I have no idea...) I've heard David's is alot more expensive and, depending on the store, can ruin the dress. Add that to the fact that their seamstress(es?) aren't technically David's employees, then you have a whole new potential issue on your hands. I'd just try to find someone else.
  • Go somewhere else. I have nothing but horror stories from David's Bridal. If you are in the Columbia area, try Jane at 803-781-1892. She works out of her home and is AWESOME! She did the alterations for my wedding dress and did a fabulous job.
    April 2012 Feb. Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon: Excellence, Dominican Republic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Don't get your alterations done at Davids. Do you live near the Charleston area? If so, call Heather at The Rose Knot www.theroseknot.com. She took my dress down 2 sizes, plus there was lace and boning and buttons to deal with, and she did a 10 point bustle, and it was PERFECT! Good pricing too and quick turnaround. She's amazing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards