North Carolina
Options

hotels for oot guests?

Hi ladies,
I was just wondering which hotels you are using for your out of town guests. Also are you doing welcome bags? I have no idea what to put inside the bags lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker
11-12-11
Image and video hosting by TinyPicVisit The Knot! Visit Purple.weddings.com

Two Become One

November 12, 2011

288 invited
163 accepted!
9 can't make it
116 haven't responded yet....
RSVP Date October 12, 2011

Re: hotels for oot guests?

• Options
    NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We used the hotel that had the best rating / best price (or deal) for our OOT guests. Granted there are only two hotels in my area, it was a Comfort Suite and everyone liked it :)

In our bags I made homemade cookies, chips, granola bars, some fruit, soda and water. I also put a card in it thanking people for coming as well as an extra set of directions to the venue and then letting them know about us having people over at our house after the wedding for more visiting.

I know a lot of girls put locally made treats in or things original to NC. Also some put brochures in about local attractions and things to do if the guests are staying the whole weekend.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have two hotels reserved for our guests. Our wedding is at the Carolina Inn so we reserved rooms there and at another hotel that was close by. We are doing OOT bags with little goodies (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, 2 waterbottles with our monogram labels, snacks, directions card and map of NC).

I think its a good idea if you have a lot of guest coming from out of state.
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be reserving The Marriot, Sheraton and The Brownstone (tempurpedic beds!). We haven't done it yet since we're still 14 months away.

Here's a link for Meredith's OOT bags. I thought hers were really awesome and I loves that she used reuseable shopping bags.

I think it's a really nice gesture and an extra little thank you to those people who traveled to see you get married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards