Hawaii
Options

Ulalena Dinner Show

Have any of you been to the Ulalena Dinner show? Our HM package comes with tickets to either that or a dinner cruise and FH gets sea sick so we will be going to this. How was it? Also if you had dinner where did you choose? I am wondering how far the Hard Rock and the Lahaina Fish Co. are from the theater? Can we walk? Any info. would be helpful. 

Re: Ulalena Dinner Show

• Options
    Yes just about everything is walking distance in Lahaina, everything is on Front St. The theatre is about 5 mins from the pier and the Lahaina Fish Co. is between 5-10 min walk. I just want to inform you that the Ulalena Show is a more traditional show not a typical luau show. There are many tourist that go see it and are not so much disappointed but expected something else. It is a fabulous show though. Also if you are staying in Lahaina for a while you have to go to Cheeseburger in Paradise on Front St (delicious burgers!) Also go take a look at the Banyon Tree Park near the pier, the trees are awesome.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    Ulalena is amazing!!!! Think of it more like a cirque de soliel (sp! sorry!) show than a luau... it is beautiful!! All of those things are within walking distance, considering you don't mind walking a few miles all together. Hard Rock is super fun!!
  • Options
    @aprilgh, The pictures make it look like a more cirque show and I loved the one that I saw in WA. a few years back. 

@Lathina, We have tickets to two luaus also. One on our wedding night with family and another with our package, so I am glad its not like a luau. The pictures and reviews are good so I think it will be fine. 
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong the show is amazing, well worth the money in my eyes. As a Polynesian dancer for many many years and a Hawaiian I'm automatically drawn to the show. But I would not consider the show to be like "Cirque du Soleil", yes there is some acrobats but the performance is more authentic and just not that type of show . I only wanted to for worn you that this show is a little hard to follow for some, because it is about the Hawaiian history and Mythology. Also if you have seen The Lahaina Luau show, Ulalena is very different from that show as well. I love this show, it allows others to learn our true history and how we became apart of America. I even recommend it for kids.
    He stole my heart... So I'm stealing his last name.
  • Options
    Lethina, thank you for your info. I am actually excited. I was kind of mourning the idea of no dinner cruise but I also don't want him sick on our HM.  I think this will be fun and based on the info. I think we will both enjoy it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards