Canada-Ontario
Options

Help! Where Should We Register?

Hello fellow Canadian brides!

FI and I are just starting to create our wedding registries (wedding in 6 months) and we were disappointed to discover that Pier One no longer does gift registries. We were planning on registering for casual dinnerware, linens, and other cool housewares there. Our only other registry is at The Bay where we have picked out our big-ticket items like fine china and stemware.

So now we need to find some other not-too-expensive, trendy store to register for our casual housewares. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Photobucket

Anniversary

Buying A Home

Re: Help! Where Should We Register?

• Options
    nmcarthurnmcarthur member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    crate and barrel?
  • Options
    lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We haven't registered yet (it's our project for the new year.)  But this is one of the resources I have bookmarked to help me decide where to register when we get started.  Hopefully you find it helpful:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/33955/where-to-register-in-canada
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bay also has casual housewares, and is probably the most affordable, but I know that people have also used Sears, Kitchen Stuff Plus (not sure if they still do registries - ring_pop would know), Home Outfitters.  The more expensive side would be Crate & Barrel or Pottery Barn.  Just remember that the more convenient the registry, the more likely gifts will be purchased from that store.

We used The Bay for the things we needed, and a honeymoon registry as well.  For showers and weddings, we also got a lot of gift cards to The Bay, WIlliams-Sonoma, Crate & Barrel, and Pottery Barn, which we'll use for furnishings and decor when we move in February.
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Kitchen Stuff Plus. I love their stuff and their service is always really great. And they have a 10% registry completion program. I'm pretty sure they still do registries. If you have a lot of guests in the GTA, they might be a good option.

Just be aware that they don't handle a whole lot of registries yet (at least, they didn't when I registered there). Everything was fine and they gave us great service, but just be patient if you encounter little glitches here and there. For example, when we purchased everything after the wedding, the system didn't register the discount automatically, but they eventually fixed that for us. I'm also not sure how easy it is to order online, so if you decide to go with them, you might want to ask.

GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The Hubz and I registered at The Bay and Home Outfitters... and If we were to do it again I think we would only do Home Outfitters (for more reasonably priced gifts)

Another option is Bed Bath and Beyond

Hope that helps!

• Options
    mattycammattycam member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Sears and Home Outfitters. Since you already registered at the Bay, why not register at home outfitters? They are both under the same umbrella. 
  • Options
    StephieBowStephieBow member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm registered at The Bay and I will be registering at Home Outfitters as well for bed/bath and lower end kitchen stuff.  

Kitchen Stuff Plus is also a fantastic option but there aren't that many locations which means you'll get less gifts from there.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

• Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We will be registering at The Bay/Home Outfitters and probably also Sears.  Sears has more things like tools and larger equipment, which would be nice to register for in addition to housewares.

I'd say The Bay is the most common in Canada for sure.  Before I even ask someone where a couple is registered, I just check The Bay.  Sometimes I even do it for peoples' weddings I'm not going to, to see what they have registered for and do some snooping... haha.
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bay and Home Outfitters seem to be the most common ones. Bed Bath & Beyond is also an option (around here anyway, we just got one). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at The Bay and Home Outfitters as they had the best completion discounts (We aren't expecting many gifts, but sure will be buying ourselves some!)

Kitchen Stuff Plus definitely does still do registries - I checked not too long ago :) They are an excellent option if you want something a bit more reasonably priced than The Bay.

I found Sears to be very disorganized and hard to shop after registering at the Bay. We only ended up with 4 things on the Sears registry and they issue coupons rather than an overall completion discount. I'm going to use a coupon to get the toaster I want, then cancel the registry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards